Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Drythe 

Good point and I totally agree.  It's not really the same as planning for the replacement of a top corporate executive, but there were any number of people who could have replaced Alex in the short term until things got (or get) sorted out. 

Once they get the right person as permanent host, things will settle down.  In the meantime, all the talk about the show only helps its future, IMO.  

@Tinkrbl44 

Some call it ‘Key Man’ insurance.  How sexist.

But he was certainly key.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Mike Richards, we hardly knew ye.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian Richards was also a candidate and should have not participated in any aspect of the selection process.  He had a vested interest in its outcome and fairness required his recusal.

The whole process smacked on a carnival and threatened key elements of the show.  I feared Richards would make it similar to The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, or The Pyramid.  While Alex was the consummate professional, the contestants have always been critical.  Who cannot forget about Eddie, the visually impaired sportscaster and the amazing runs of the top candidates, and most important, the teen tournament that allowed hope that some children reveled in acquiring knowledge.  Alex encouraged children on Jeopardy and the Geography.

BTW, I thought Matt would lose given that he was in the hole.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Mike Richards, we hardly knew ye.  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr  He's someone I don't want to know. 👎

Honored Contributor

LeVar Burton has said now he doesn't want to be the full-time host.

This may be posted upthread but I haven't read through.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Matt Amodio is gonna bankrupt them!!  Holy moly, that guy is a wonder- 😲😲😲😳

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

He won big again tonight.  I've developed quite a crush on him, he's fun to watch when he hasn't buzzed in and is caught on camera trying to think of the answer.

But - I can't believe he didn't know the peace pipe!!  Of all things.  He buzzed in first, but he just couldn't come up with the answer, and to me that was probably the easiest clue on the board.  He knows all these obscure things that I've never even heard of, but that picture clue was obviously a pipe.  Not that it hurt him any, but I was surprised.

I think he is over $800,000 now.  I hope he breaks the million $$ mark next week.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

@Skyegirl21 

I suspect Matt has a photographic memory.  He can call up anything he knows very quickly.

Well, that was the last of Mike Richards ... it'll be interesting to see where he lands next.    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY News

[ Edited ]

I'm so tired of hearing about Jeopary!  I think that's what the PTB want.  The PTB have made a farce out of this show.  The class is gone.  I haven't watched Jeopardy since they started their revolving door of hosts. 

I did watch Aaron Rodgers and I liked him.  Can't watch any of the others, especially Ken Jennings.  He has that condescending attitude about him.  They should pick someone and leave it at that.  People who don't like the show won't watch and vice versa.  Can't please everyone.

Just can't understand why they can't pick someone and go on with continuity.  I think it has been downgraded to a low class game show by constantly changing hosts.  These contestants are in the upper class of intelligence and it takes a host to keep that class.

Respected Contributor

Now Matt is taping episodes with yet another host. I've lost count. Maybe they should ask him who did the best and should get the job lol