Respected Contributor

From Sony:

9809D562-3349-49FC-8FE6-52BE1D78868B.jpeg

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

It's such a shame how this show fell apart without Alex.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing. It'll be nice to have more regularity/stability with the hosting and I'll be curious about the ratings.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch Jeopardy on a regular basis but I'm wondering -- is the host the most important factor or the game itself???  

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

It's such a shame how this show fell apart without Alex.  

he was the show

should have just let it go

Honored Contributor

Cool!    I'll watch that.   Right now the only reason I'm watching is Matt, but I've watched the show here and there over the decades.

Esteemed Contributor

During my forty-year work life, I served on several search committees, even chaired a couple. It was my experience that a job was posted in relevant places, required backgrounds and experience were listed, and qualified candidates were interviewed. I imagine that when performance standards exist, videos and in-person auditions would be mandatory. This is not rocket science. Detailed vetting is part of the process. This is common sense, usual practice.

The powers-that-be at Jeopardy blew it big-time. Maybe they thought they'd garner more attention by creating an on-air competition. For those of us who've watched Jeopardy for decades, we know that this carnival was the exact opposite of what the game and Alex Trebek represented. Alex treated Jeopardy with seriousness, devotion, and respect, not a circus of revolving ringmasters. The only reason I'm watching now is that brilliant champion who continues to win a fortune. Why can't these dufuses-in-charge pick one host and be done with it?

Valued Contributor

Say it isn't so: KEN JENNINGS ???    NO NO NO!

Esteemed Contributor

I'd rather Ken Jennings than some of the other guest hosts they had.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

During my forty-year work life, I served on several search committees, even chaired a couple. It was my experience that a job was posted in relevant places, required backgrounds and experience were listed, and qualified candidates were interviewed. I imagine that when performance standards exist, videos and in-person auditions would be mandatory. This is not rocket science. Detailed vetting is part of the process. This is common sense, usual practice.

The powers-that-be at Jeopardy blew it big-time. Maybe they thought they'd garner more attention by creating an on-air competition. For those of us who've watched Jeopardy for decades, we know that this carnival was the exact opposite of what the game and Alex Trebek represented. Alex treated Jeopardy with seriousness, devotion, and respect, not a circus of revolving ringmasters. The only reason I'm watching now is that brilliant champion who continues to win a fortune. Why can't these dufuses-in-charge pick one host and be done with it?

everything has to be a contest, think of all the stupid cooking shows, 

they can't pick one b/c they grew up with everyone gets a trophy