Trusted Contributor

Re: JAMES BOND FEST THURSDAY TCM

Roger Moore was Bond when I was growing up, but adore Sean Connery.

My mom was over the moon for Brosnan.

Always up for a good Bond movie.

BTW kinda love the current Bond, very rugged.

Thanks as always @Oznell .

Honored Contributor

I'm planning to tune in next Thursday (the 12th) to see if TCM's version of On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a better print than my DVD (not very sharp) version.

George Lazenby is Bond in this one.  He isn't my top favorite Bond actor, but I adore Diana Rigg in pretty much anything she does.  She was Bond's only bride.  Some say she was the best Bond girl ever.  I would not argue with them.  

She also wears all those wonderful Spanish riding outfits, plus there are amazing scenes shot in the Alps.

Image result for on her majesty's secret service diana rigg

Image result for on her majesty's secret service diana rigg

Image result for on her majesty's secret service swiss alps

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I did love Diana Rigg in that one!  And another fantastic theme song...”We Have All The Time In The World”...Louis Armstrong.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

It's amazing the James Bond series is still going strong.  I liked all the actors who played Bond, especially Pierce Brosnon.  Of course Sean Connery set the movies in motion and he will always be the original. I am not into the movies as I was when they first came out.  However, I'm sure they have a following and their longevity deserves a salute!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

It's amazing the James Bond series is still going strong.  I liked all the actors who played Bond, especially Pierce Brosnon.  Of course Sean Connery set the movies in motion and he will always be the original. I am not into the movies as I was when they first came out.  However, I'm sure they have a following and their longevity deserves a salute!

@spiderw 

Me too ......  Heart