Honored Contributor

JAMES BOND FEST THURSDAY TCM

[ Edited ]

jacket_dr-no-1962-575x431.jpg

Five of the classic "Bonds",  from "Dr. No",  starting at 8:00 p.m. Eastern, through to "You Only Live Twice".

With Sean Connery.

ETA: 

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2019-09-05

Esteemed Contributor

Re: JAMES BOND FEST THURSDAY TCM

Not a fan of these movies, but he was a good looking man. 

Honored Contributor

I have never seen a James Bond movie. BUT I am tempted just to watch Sean Connery.

Sean Connery was the Grand Marshall for the Tartan Day Parade down 5th Avenue in New York City. My son and his bagpipe band marched in the parade with 10,000 other bagpipers from around the world.

Not only is Sean Connery one handsome man but he added fun and enthusiasm to the parade. He was walking the parade and really enjoying it. He didn't just sit in a car and wave.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen more than a quick clip of a Bond movie!  But, @godi and @drizzellla, I agree with you on Sean Connery.

I think, oddly enough, Hitchcock made the most of Connery's magnetism in "Marnie",  where Sean is baffled by and somewhat obsessed with serial embezzler Tippi Hedren, but seems to be the only one who knows how to deal with her.  He has a natural authority onscreen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually it's a James Bond "Fest" every Thursday in September.

I've always preferred Roger Moore as Bond and 2 of my all time favorites will be shown--Moonraker and For Your Eyes Only.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - thanks for the alert!  Love Sean Connery as James Bond.  Saw my first Bond movie when I was a teenager - You Only Live Twice - in 1967.  Have been a fan ever since.  Will set my DVR!

Esteemed Contributor

Sean Connery is the best Bond. Dr. No is the first movie in the franchise. I saw this movie in the theatres when it first came out as my mom read all of Ian Fleming's books. I was 9 years old.

Respected Contributor

The first Bond film I saw in a theater was “Diamonds Are Forever.”  Loved it....through the years I’ve seen them all.  Connery or Moore the only acceptable Bonds for me!

And such GREAT theme songs by wonderful artists.  “Goldfinger” and “From Russia With Love”.....fabulous!

Super Contributor

Sean Connery is the best James Bond! IMO  Goldfinger and Thunderball are among my favorite James Bond movies with Sean Connery.

Honored Contributor

Bond

Bond...

James Bond

James Bond.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~