Honored Contributor

Yes, I did see it.  No need for this --- at all.  I am so sick of her, and all the Kardashians, and Beyonce and all of those other over-rated, self-centered, full of themselves women. Honestly, if they burped, they would expect everyone to clap for them!  I try to tune them out but they are everywhere!  Gag!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: J Lo's billboard

[ Edited ]

@lgfan wrote:
Another star promoting skincare. Unless she put miracle water from Lourdes into her products JLos skincare is no different than other stars skincare lines.

@lgfan   Straight from the spring in the Grotto.  Smiley Happy

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

She's been dancing since she was 5yo. Made her big break on In Living Color as a dancer there years ago. She's an athlete and probably spends half her life in the gym. Why not show off what you've worked at for your whole life. I would.

I would too @SilleeMee .

Honored Contributor

There are different ways to show one's assets... Baring them routinely is but one... I believe in caring for my skin, but since I tend to show a good bit less of mine, at least most of the time, than does Miz Lopez, I'll be passing on her contribution to the cosmetics world, which already overflows with options...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Respected Contributor

You are TOO much, @SilleeMee!  LOL.  Thank you for the sensitively, or should I say sensibly, edited photo of the billboard, complete with "spoiler" alert.   

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Lots of untalented women who can't really sing become rich and celebrated.

She can dance and is attractive and puts on a big elaborate show.  It's all about costumes and dancers and lightshows.

Good for her for exploiting the gullibility of the general public.

And banking 'a pretty penny' doing it.

In pricey engagement rings alone...

Hey, if people are willing to buy what she's selling, that's on them. Personally, while she's clearly an attractive woman, I never saw her appeal as an entertainer...

Tenacious? Certainly in her seemingly ongoing manhunt perhaps...

That could be because you're not a Latina????? @stevieb .  Latinos support their people big time.  Doesn't matter where in Latin America either.  Selena Gomez is another that I don't think can sing.  Her fans love her.  That's how that goes. 

I remember JLo from In Living Color dancing as a "Fly Girl" at the very beginning and ending of the show.  She was gorgeous then with dark black hair.  She's done some work with Janet Jackson as well.  She's famous just cause.  

In America, that's just fine because there are so many who are much more talented who don't get the hoopla that she does.  I like her ok.  The hoopla comes from her fans and they love her.  That's why she's still in the game!!!  It's called Capitalism!!!!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

LOL Ben lookout? It's Ben who'll be bored eventually. Like many women without her resources and "me" time, she looks good for her age, but that's the rub: in the end, she's a menopausal woman, and all the cheesecake poses won't change that.

It's not uncommon to see aging women push the sexy shots. Paulina Porizkova got flak for a lingerie spread (I didn't see it so I don't know how "racy" it was, if at all). I actually felt bad for her because she responded by saying that she thought they looked nice. Then she hit on it. She said something like, "I guess it's because I'm not fertile anymore." Bingo.

Britt Ekland alluded to this decades ago--in her sixties--said, "I'm sixty-[?]. If you call me 'sexy Britt' I'll puke." 

Notwithstanding the fact that JLo has kids, for cripes sake, there's something icky about these aging women like JLo, Madonna, etc. thinking that they have to expose themselves for the benefit of the kind of men who just want a quick peep show. The Ick Factor. That's it. Just consider retired female figure skaters who chuck anything high-cut in favor of those longer, handerchief-hem outfits when performing. That's because they have class.

Sorry, but Madonna was exposing herself and pushing the envelope long before JLo hit the scene.  It's a thing they do.  I'd say to expect it from any one them.  Just be surprised when one of them doesn't go this route @Moonlady 

Esteemed Contributor

@Indra wrote:

J Lo's a gorgeous woman who's making a ton load of money.  More power to her!!!

That's how I feel.  I don't have buy her records, watch her movies or partake in anything relating to her.  In America's capitalist society that's called having an "option."

Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

She is selling her own new line of skin cream. Supposedly, it will make your skin look like hers. $65 a jar; she will make a mint even though she doesn't need it. 

I don't know how you can conclude she will make all this money because it's supposed to make everyone look like her.  The whole ordeal could be a flop.  She has failed with other brand ventures before.  This one might not be any different @Trailrun23