Esteemed Contributor

It's not what you've done...if you're dead or not

In light of the recent removal of R. Kelly's music from streaming sites and celebrities who have performed with him distancing themselves from him, it should seem odd that Michael Jackson's music is available for download/streaming and is still played.  Most surprisingly it was played at the Sundance festival recently...where the documentary about MJ sexually abusing two young boys was shown.

It's been reported that it is a very explicit and emotional film, and there were "experts" available in the lobby should anyone need someone to talk to during or after seeing the movie.

It turns out that it's OK for MJ's music to be streamed, downloaded, played and enjoyed and not R. Kelly's...because MJ is dead and he's not benefitting from the revenue.  Yeah...that's how it was excused on the show Page Six.

So is all forgiven for MJ because he's dead?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: It's not what you've done...if you're dead or not

How accurate is that "documentary".  Has it ever been proven that MJ was sexually abusing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Within the past few weeks a man has brought up the things he experienced when being with MJ.  There is another man as well and they have both told the things that were done which clearly indicates things were not as they should have been.  MJ of course is not available to say yea or nay but the people who are now telling their story have had to live with it all these years. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  I appreciate the information that you posted.  I do, however, consider these stories meaningless.  Why didn't they come forward when MJ was alive so he could defend himself. Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever know the truth regarding these allegations.  MJ lived an unfortunate life even though he was brilliant.  His bizarre proclivities led to much speculation.  We can continue to enjoy his artistry and, as far as speculations, so far it is only that.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd It’s speculation to the extent that R. Kelly’s “misdeeds” and those of others accused are speculation. Except...oh yeah...MJ was actually on trial. A whole other topic for another time. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  I appreciate the information that you posted.  I do, however, consider these stories meaningless.  Why didn't they come forward when MJ was alive so he could defend himself. Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever know the truth regarding these allegations.  MJ lived an unfortunate life even though he was brilliant.  His bizarre proclivities led to much speculation.  We can continue to enjoy his artistry and, as far as speculations, so far it is only that.

He went on trial and received the same celeb pass as OJ and Robert Blake.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

The proof is that he had a unique mark on his ****** and law enforcement confirmed  those kids and others described it accurately and perfectly. 

It isn't meaningless because the two in the documentary, their parents accepted a LOT of money to keep quiet.  Their parents sold them out and so did other boys' parents.  Now they are adults and want to tell their story and not for money.

As for his music if they pulled the movies, music amd art of everyone who has done depraved and perverted acts in our times and throughout history it would all form an extremely large black hole.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  R Kelly went on trial too and was acquitted if that's your yardstick.  You can google it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a little tired of people throwing out allegations and everyone believing the worst of another human being on every topic possible. 

We are absolutely unbelievable and scary as a human race in our quest to take down other human beings and ruin them for life for no other reason than it's fun to do and we don't like we they did, said, joke they made, etc...  

I also don't need anyone to tell me what music I can and can't listen to.  If you don't want to listen to MJ or R Kelly or Pat Boone, don't. We don't need a global court, public opinion or otherwise, to approve listening choices.  Al Gore's wife Tipper tried it in the 80s.  It didn't fly.

You control and do you.  It's really as simple as that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 Hopefully someday soon sanity will return 

Keepin' it real.