Honored Contributor

It's hard to believe The Batman is on HBO

I was totally surprised to see it.  Plus, West Side Story is on HBO.  I made changes to my plan and Internet and it gave me the opportunity to select HBO and still save some money.  Gosh, these movies recently premiered and now they are on HBO.  Times are changing.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: It's hard to believe The Batman is on HBO

I have Xfinity cab!e but I don't have HBO. Last week they had a free/Watchathon and I caught The Batman, West Side Story and King Richard. I was surprised too since these are recent releases.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 Yes, that Batman movie was on about a month after it was released at the theater.  I thought it was on really fast.  My friend and I watched it about 2 weeks ago.  

Valued Contributor

I recently read that HBO is owned by Warner Brothers.Their movies have a 45 day run in theaters then they are offered on HBO/Max.

Valued Contributor

The new movie Elvis is opening on June 24 and will be on HBO Max 45 days later.  Both Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley have given it rave reviews.

Respected Contributor

I also was able to see Batman free on the Comcast Watchathon!  So glad I did not waste the money going to the movie theater. The movie was a bit too dark.

I also saw Death on the Nile and the Gilded Age. I am looking forward to the next Watchathon, but I need a break because I am not really a fan of television show binge-watching--my eyes need to relax!

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for the new Batman, but I loved Death on the Nile!!! Great casting in that one..Haven't seen King Richard yet, but heard it was really good!