Valued Contributor

Re: It's Been Nice Knowing All of You. I'm Gone!

chickenbutt, I just wanted to say thank you for posting how you made changes to preferences to make the new boards more user friendly. I made the changes to mine, and they were a tremendous help. Thank you so much!!!! pinky

Honored Contributor

You are all welcome!  As I find things that are helpful, I'm glad to share so that others can enjoy their experience here more.

This morning I was kind of frustrated.  But I just went right into 'fixer' mode and now it's as good as ever with, actually, a lot more improvements and a couple of things that are missing but, hopefully, they will fix those things.

And now, a picture.  Smiley Happy  ha!  I love that you can load pics right from your computer to here...This is a favorite birdie pic I took recently.   So cute, bathing in the water bowl.  Smiley Happy  I love birdies!

P1090331.jpg

Honored Contributor

judaline, I like having you here on the TV forum.  Please don't go.  If I can figure it out, you certainly can.

Normally I don't know which end is up.  This thing stinks.  I don't like it, but I'm dealing with it because there is no choice.

I don't know why they couldn't leave things alone.  

Respected Contributor

OK.  I guess I have to try and navigate this as best I can.  Too many nice people here to give up.  We're all in this together!

Honored Contributor

Please don't give up.  If I can do this I KNOW all of you can do this.

The more the better.  Hopefully, we'll all get used to this.

Respected Contributor

Chickenbutt, I see you have an avatar.  If you're still around, can you tell me where on this site is the option to add an avatar?  I swear I saw it someplace this morning and now I can't find it again. 

Respected Contributor

OK, I found the avatar.  Duh!

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

You might want to scroll down and, on the left, you see a banner for 'Quick Links'.  Under that is 'My Settings', 'Edit My Preferences', and a number of other choices.

With the settings and preferences choices you can change some things that make it look a little more like a board where things are more sensical.  I changed the view to 'Forum View' and that made a HUGE difference for me.

I've been playing around with settings and things and, while it still looks like somebody without opposable thumbs came up with, it's a lot easier to navigate. 

HTH somebody Smiley Happy

I tried this and I don't think it made a difference.  How does it look different to you than the default format?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

I can't see Teddy Roosevelt giving up that easily. Which has nothing to do with nothing, but I'm going to keep trying!! Maybe not in here as much for now, but little by little. I'm too curious I guess, so did Teddy say, "charge!"? OK, onward and upward!! Neat, just tried spell check out, it's meant to be. Dig you all later!!

Honored Contributor

Wait! QualityGal, Don't leave!  Look I just fumble my way through this thing.

I HATE it.  I liked the old forum.  I only belong to this one.  Please don't go.

Just fumble along like I do.  We need everyone here.  Your opinion matters.