Respected Contributor

It's A Small, Small World

[ Edited ]

I'm watching Court TV's "Staged Suicide Murder Trial," and I just learned the murder victim hung out at D*i*c*k*'s Den, a bar in Columbus, Ohio.

I used to hang out there 50 years ago, and the place was old then. 

Have you had glimpses of your life in any TV show or movie?

Honored Contributor

Re: It's A Small, Small World

Many years a go I saw a woman I used to work with at Walmart on one of those syndicated court shows.  She was as wacky then as she was when I worked with her.  Some case about an ex-boyfriend.  

Valued Contributor

One place I worked there was a retired detective who worked with us part time. He had been on the police force here for many years. I was watching one of the shows on the Oxygen channel (not sure which one cuz I watch so many) and he was one of the people interviewed regarding a murder that took place in our city. 

cookin

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak   @deepwaterdotter   I guess we're rare birds.

Esteemed Contributor

I worked in the courtrooms for many years so on various crime shows where they go over cases I have seen many attorneys, detectives and defendants I have worked with.   There is a series on Netflix, Worst Roommate Ever, and one episode revolves around a local case so the courtroom staff and attorneys were all people I have worked with over the years.  It is fun to watch those because they are generally old cases so it is like a snapshot back in time.