Honored Contributor

Re: It Still Makes Me Laugh, Or Cry

From Seinfeld:

One of his girlfrieds - "They're real and they're spectacular."

Elaine (on the 'Hamptons' episode) - "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things."

Esteemed Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

My son and I both love Seinfeld .....last week we said .. is it bad that we

have watched it so many times we can resight dialog from the show ....

LOL My son and I as well !! My doctors wife, who is his receptionist calls me Deloris, I call her Mulva! In the office my husband always yells out "My wallet's gone!" And they laugh their heads off!There are times my son will say to me on the sneak "Isn't she breathtaking?" and another word doesn't need to be spoken! 😂 

I laughed just reading your post @KBEANS 

Respected Contributor

Laughs:  From "Will and Grace:"  The crazy Val episodes, and "Fanilow."

Cry: I agree with Deep about that episode of "Archie Bunker's Place:" When he finds Edith's slipper under the bed and begins to weep.  Very touching.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Big Joanie 

"Mrs. Seinfeld, please, i am begging you, put the air conditioner on!"

One of the best!

@Witchy Woman 

OH Witch-ay Woman. 😂 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yet again I find myself in the minority. I dislike women like those portrayed by Lucy. I found her behavior selfish, thoughtless, deceitful, and cringey. I've never found dumb women funny.

Yeah, dumb like a fox.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yet again I find myself in the minority. I dislike women like those portrayed by Lucy. I found her behavior selfish, thoughtless, deceitful, and cringey. I've never found dumb women funny.

@occasionalrain   Most of us watched Lucy as young children; average age around here would support my statement.

Keep in mind the times I love Lucy Aired; the 50's were not friendly to women.

I doubt anyone here, at a young age, actualy picked up on the portrayal of Lucy as dumb, etc.

Today it is not a show I enjoy; her voice alone drives me nuts.  LOL

So I agree with you in terms of how she was portrayed but it was an "acceptable" portrayal and thus the comedic effect worked.

And for heaven's sake, Ricky-put her in the darn show and shut her up.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The episode in ER when Dr. Mark Greene died always comes to mind as very sad.

The epidsode in The Golden Girls when Sophia's friend has Alzheimers.

The ending with Dorothy walking away with her from the empty bench where Sophia sat with Alvin in better days.

As far as episodes that I find funny-so many to mention.

Niles in "Frasier" was alway a laugh and I think he actually carried that show more than the others.

Golden Girls.

Monk

Doc Martin

Just some really good entertainment past and present.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still makes me laugh, and I can watch over and over:

Frasier - "The Innkeepers," when Frasier and Niles buy their favorite old restaurant and run it

Also, "The Ski Lodge," with rotating "partners," and Martin mixing up everything he hears because of a blocked ear. James Patrick Stuart is so good as "Guy," the French ski instructor/chef! 

I have both on my DVR. If I have a challenging day, I'll watch them. They always make me LOL, even though I can quote most of the dialogue now. 

The ensemble actors in the show - and the guest actors - were amazing! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I just love watching Frasier.  Someone already mentioned my favorite episode when Niles kept fainting at the sight of his blood.   There was another one that  still cracks me up no matter how many times I watch it.   

It was when Niles goes into the bathroom and they hear a loud noise and they all think it was a gunshot but then Niles walks out covered in shaving cream because Martin's hot and foamy dispenser went off.   

Niles walks out and Frasier asks him if he's okay and he says with a deadpan expression "I feel hot... and foamy".

David Hyde Pierce was the greatest at physical humor.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've mentioned this before on these boards, but for anyone who missed it:

TAXI - when Rev. Jim (Christopher Lloyd) takes his driver's test.  When he gets to the yellow light question, I die laughing every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39k067hcgYY&list=RD39k067hcgYY&index=1

Denise