Valued Contributor

Re: Isn't anyone watching The Voice?

John Legend and John Holiday duet of Bridge Over Troubled Water may have been the most amazing performance i've ever seen on The Voice.  I've always loved that song.

Esteemed Contributor

@mizree wrote:

John Legend and John Holiday duet of Bridge Over Troubled Water may have been the most amazing performance i've ever seen on The Voice.  I've always loved that song.

@mizree I was hoping John Holiday would hit some of those Art Garfunkel high notes he can reach better than Art!. It seems for the duet  they kept his voice more in line with John Legend's  range. It was still great, though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, any predictions about who will win tonight? Blake has two contestants, so the odds may be in his favor. I wasn't into this season, I did vote for Jim, but if he doesn't win I won't be crushed. I thought last night Jim was channeling Joe Cocker, With A Little Help From My Friends.

@Jordan2 I like Ian and Jim best- such rich voices and their performances have been consistently stellar! They've also paid their dues big time.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Jim, besides having a good voice he just seems like a great guy. Although obnoxious I like Desz as well, her personality can be too much for me at times, but I do think that she has a beautiful voice.

Ian has a unique voice but I did not vote for him, and Carter is a pass for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Commercial break countdown now!!! Any guesses  here?

Honored Contributor

I had the feeling the person who won would win. I just wasn't into this season, I hope the new season is better.

Trusted Contributor

As is typical with these shows someone won that won't likely be a huge success.  I'm not surprised at all that Carter won.  Looking at the Voice FB page he had the most likes and comments on his performance.  Very dissappointed that Desz didn't win - her performances were far superior but really not surprised that she didn't win.

I was reminded why I rarely watch these shows.  The votes go to a good story not necessarily the best talent.

Honored Contributor

You can tell who from the beginning is going to be pushed and several who might win.

If you look and listen, the sound and production values vary greatly along the way.  Some vocal performances are louder and clearer than others, some presentations are more dramatic, prettier, fancier, etc.

The winner group is certainly preselected as far as I can see.  And frankly a lot of this year's herd simply couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. . . 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

You can tell who from the beginning is going to be pushed and several who might win.

If you look and listen, the sound and production values vary greatly along the way.  Some vocal performances are louder and clearer than others, some presentations are more dramatic, prettier, fancier, etc.

The winner group is certainly preselected as far as I can see.  And frankly a lot of this year's herd simply couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. . . 

IMHO, not being in the music industry, there were several who had talent in this year's "The Voice." Carter was very, very talented and deserved to win.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the votes tend to go to the amateurs. I have a feeling that John Holiday, Ryan Gallagher and Desz were sought out by the producers to be on the show.  So I'm happy with Carter, even though I originally was for Ryan.  I will spend some time going over the songs on You Tube, so much easier than going through my own tape.