Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't anyone watching The Voice?

I watch it and I do enjoy it.  I like Blake & Gwen but not on this show.  She is always saying she will be going home with him and how she is #1 on the country charts and riding on his shirt tails.  It is getting old.  I hope next season they bring back Nick Jonas he was great.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I watch it and I do enjoy it.  I like Blake & Gwen but not on this show.  She is always saying she will be going home with him and how she is #1 on the country charts and riding on his shirt tails.  It is getting old.  I hope next season they bring back Nick Jonas he was great.

I don't enjoy when Gwen is on. It seems Blake is in her corner and speaks up for her, Gwen doesn't seem to do the same for him. It's like if you pick Team Gwen, you get Blake as a bonus. I wonder how Kelly and John really feel about Gwen being on the show?

Valued Contributor

I haven't seen previous seasons with Gwen as a coach.  I'm wondering how effective her coaching is going to be?  Blake has apparently won seven seasons - that says quite a bit I think.

Honored Contributor

I'm always surprised how much Blake doesn't know about music. How does he not know the song Van sang, The Who's Behind Blue Eyes?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm always surprised how much Blake doesn't know about music. How does he not know the song Van sang, The Who's Behind Blue Eyes?

@Jordan2   That was surprising, but I was shocked that he didn't know Cruisin' by Smoky Robinson the night before.

I wasn't going to watch this show because of Gwen, but I stumbled upon it on Tuesday night and thought the talent was very good.  I will probably watch the entire season.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   That was surprising, but I was shocked that he didn't know Cruisin' by Smoky Robinson the night before.

I wasn't going to watch this show because of Gwen, but I stumbled upon it on Tuesday night and thought the talent was very good.  I will probably watch the entire season.

@NickNack oh, yeah I forgot about Cruisin' by Smoky Robinson.

Honored Contributor

Blake is obviously country, period.  I'd like to see him attempt another genre, just as an experiment.   I like Gwen OK, but not all the cutesy couple stuff.  I hope they bring back Nick Jonas.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I miss the Jonas Brother that was on, was that Nick?  He was darn good for a first year coach. I'm impressed with about six people so far, and the last few years I couldn't hitch my hopes to even one of them.  Maybe that's why they are allowing in more pros instead of total amateurs.  That kid, Rubin, I think, was the grandson of a Jay and The Americans band member.  I remember them well.  (This Magic Moment)

@depglass 

I think that Nick was an excellent coach. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with Blake not knowing a lot of different types of music.  John and Kelley seem to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to different types of genres. I do notice that he seems to really concentrate/listen  for the most part when singers are performing, so besides knowing country he must have a good ear. 

Trusted Contributor

I record the shows and then fast forward like many others.  Maybe will be more interesting next week since blind auditions are now over and the battles begin.

I did really like one male singer that Kelly chose very early in the blind auditions.  He was an opera singer from a foreign country.  Want to watch him some more.  Had a really beautiful voice.