Trusted Contributor

Re: Isn't anyone watching The Voice?

I am just happy that Carter won.  I loved his voice (along with a few others) from the start.

I agree with the comment about how much Gwen had to do with coaching him and his win.  Also the new celeb coach before finale performances.  I kind of feel that he coached Carter to alter his voice on the original song written for him; since he sounded different on that song and I did not hear his beautiful voice in that last song.

Anyhow, I am happy he won and also just plain happy to be happy about something in these times we are living right now.

Respected Contributor

I think there should be an age limit, as in no children.  I would prefer that the winner be of a certain age that he/she could launch their successful career without having to worry with interfering with school.  I was not happy with the result.  

Honored Contributor

It really doesn't matter who won, no one from The Voice has gone on to superstardom.

Esteemed Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

I am just happy that Carter won.  I loved his voice (along with a few others) from the start.

I agree with the comment about how much Gwen had to do with coaching him and his win.  Also the new celeb coach before finale performances.  I kind of feel that he coached Carter to alter his voice on the original song written for him; since he sounded different on that song and I did not hear his beautiful voice in that last song.

Anyhow, I am happy he won and also just plain happy to be happy about something in these times we are living right now.

@LogoFan I was going to comment how Carter's voice hasn't changed yet- he's so young. And you posted that you thought  his voice was altered! So we're in a 'like' mindset, jsut for different reasons. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

It really doesn't matter who won, no one from The Voice has gone on to superstardom.

@Jordan2 Several of the country singer winners have careers- just not super stardom. Jordan Smith probably is the most successful, but with Christian music. 

Valued Contributor

I agree with Santorini that no children should be involved in the competition.

I knew ahead of time that Carter would win.   Only because he was a child and whenever a child is in a competition with an adult, the child wins.  Carter wasn't a superior singer to Dez - he was a child and that is why he won.

If I was entering these contests - American Idol, Voice - I would want to know that I was not competing with children who will always garner sympathy votes over an adult.

Trusted Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I agree with Santorini that no children should be involved in the competition.

I knew ahead of time that Carter would win.   Only because he was a child and whenever a child is in a competition with an adult, the child wins.  Carter wasn't a superior singer to Dez - he was a child and that is why he won.

If I was entering these contests - American Idol, Voice - I would want to know that I was not competing with children who will always garner sympathy votes over an adult.

@Houstonoilers

I disagree.  He has a beautiful voice and should be able to get out there and show his talent.  I enjoyed him and mine was not a sympathy vote.

Esteemed Contributor

I am in complete agreement with you ....Jim was my favorite too and also i felt he could sing "anything"............

Dez was very talented too and like you say ...Ian was different.............luckily for Jim and Ian   Blake is the one coach who has followed through and help some of his past constestants to more success.....................

I am sure he will get Jim and Ian out there..........

Esteemed Contributor

Kelly said she would help Dez get launched.  I personally thought she was terrible......too much screeching.  Jim was great and most likely would have gone on to have a successful career.  Perhaps Blake will help his two contestants get a start.  Carter is good, too.  Just not sure where his career could go from here.  Hopefully, his voice won't change.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!