Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone watching The Blacklist?

[ Edited ]

I watched some episodes this season, and am not  into it as I used to be. 

I don't like that Aram is gone and I also miss Samar. 

Ressler was never one of my favorites, and he is still there. Not sure about the new agent Siya. I haven't gotten used to her yet. Red is as good as ever, but the changes have been difficult to take. I hope that the ending is decent and they don't leave a lot of questions. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone watching The Blacklist?

I still enjoy the Blacklist. I also miss Aram. He was so good on the show. I know that he wanted to leave the show to go on Broadway, to fulfill his lifelong dream. I didn't cheer for the story line when Liz was always after Red. James Spader never disappoints. 

Valued Contributor

Still watch it because of James Spader.  Agree that it's not what it used to be without the original castmates.  This is the last season.  Wonder if Red will die.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching but only because this is the final season.  It hasn't been good or logical for several years.

Respected Contributor

Whose daughter is Siya?  I am so confused.  She cannot be Samar's daughter as Samar would not be that old to have a daughter this age.  By the way, what happened to Samar?  Also, what happened to the woman who was taking care of Red when is was so sick.  He appears to be ok. now.  So confused but I want to see this  to the finish.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Whose daughter is Siya?  I am so confused.  She cannot be Samar's daughter as Samar would not be that old to have a daughter this age.  By the way, what happened to Samar?  Also, what happened to the woman who was taking care of Red when is was so sick.  He appears to be ok. now.  So confused but I want to see this  to the finish.

Siya is Agent Malik's daughter that was murdered in Season 1. She was a duplicitous CIA agent  She was played by Parminder Nagra. I don't know what happened to the woman who was taking care of Red. 

I still enjoy this series. I have always enjoyed James Spader. This is the last season. Looking foward to the finale but will miss the series.

Esteemed Contributor

I was watching this show today on my DVR thinking how much i will miss it............love James Spader, and Dembe, and the rest of the group.  Didn't love the Liz and her Mom seasons so glad that is over and they are back to doing the Blacklist...........i enjoy the different stories much more...........................there are so few real shows on these days......only stupid reality, game, or talk shows...........soon streaming will be the only choice.

Another way to make it all about $$$$$$$$$

Honored Contributor

I have watched every single episode, while I haven't enjoyed the show for a long time I need to see it through. 

Respected Contributor

We watched it for a long time and really enjoyed it. Then it starting getting rather out there and just not making a lot of sense and very confusing with some of the story lines. No real answers to things. It was really good for a long time though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesallanimals  Samar was in a car accident and submerged under water for several minutes. Since then her health declined, and though cleared to return to the agency, not everyone wanted her back because of health issues. She and Aram were starting a relatonship, but she didn't want  Aram to be limited by her declining health. She left for an undisclosed location. 

The actress who played Samar had asked to leave the show so she could pursue other roles. 

I have no idea what happened to Red's nurse. Maybe since he's better she's no longer needed? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain