Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone interested in seeing Stan and Ollie?

I am not a big fan of slapstick comedy, but I remember seeing ( Stan) Laurel and (Oliver) Hardy on TV when I was a child.

i guess the old slapstick comedy is a lost form of art today, thank goodness. But it is part of history.

Esteemed Contributor

Never cared for them so won't be seeing it.

Esteemed Contributor

As kids, my brothers and I watched Laurel and Hardy all the time!!  I still remember the episode of taking a piano in - or out - of a building!  I thought their comedy timing was great, but never understood why the skinny guy was always getting hit on the head by his larger friend!! 

Now, I skip past their shows.  Just not that funny anymore...

Respected Contributor

Zero interest from me.

Honored Contributor

I am very interested in seeing what happened to them. They just sort of vanished.

Honored Contributor

Nowdays we got that **** Lisa Lampernelli cracking jokes about EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY George Carlin was potty mouth, too.

Not to many clean stand up acts any more. If watch those "roasts' of celebrities would make a statue blush. LOL

Honored Contributor

I think humor is best when everyone can enjoy it. I used to love all of the TV comedians. I'm sure in other venues, their material might be more on the blue side. But ,they knew how to tell jokes, that you could let your children watch, and enjoy, and they were funny

That is how I test the measure of something funny

Respected Contributor

I would love to see the movie with Laurel and Hardy.  I enjoy their movie "Babes in Toyland" to this day with the bogeymen and the six foot high soldiers.  

I also like The Three Stooges.  I especially love their skits "A Plumbing We Will Go" and "Malice in the Palace."

Honored Contributor

Yes! Love Laurel and Hardy. The Piano. Sons of the Desert. 😂

Also love The Marx Bros.

Can’t stand WC Fields or The Three Stooges.

George Carlin was genius.
Honored Contributor

My sister and I grew up watching the March of the Wooden Soldiers with Laurel and Hardy.  We still watch the movie every Thanksgiving/Christmas and love it.  I enjoy watching Laurel and Hardy and would be interested in seeing a movie about their lives.  I am sure they had their ups and downs but they were a great comedy duo in my opinion. In fact I am glad they are being remembered !