Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone interested in a Wrinkle in Time?

@cherrywrote:

You come onto every thread just trying to make something out of nothing. I mentioned this film in my thread about the  Black Panthers movie

I post here, because I have many friends here ,and I am not a liberal or a conservative..I am a centrist @Mominohio

@cherry, I just reread your opening post to see whether there was a whiff of baiting to it. I consider myself fairly good at the smell.

Nothing. I saw nothing that even remotely seemed a set-up. You didn't even mention the dreaded "O" name that some react to as if they're in a Slowly I Turn act.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@cherrywrote:

Don't judge everyone by yourself @Mominohio  No one is forced to read my threads

Just noting that some people are very thinly veiled in their posting of topics, baiting commentary they know will come to the contrary of their sunshine and unicorns philosophy, then feign shock that it happens.

The OP was intended to bring conflicting opinions or it would have been posted elsewhere. This happens frequently with your posts.

Respectfully, I think it is your perception and inability to see that not everyone is trying to create controversy here.

Simple, well intentioned threads often go awry because certain posters enjoy taking them down the rabbit hole to get their digs in about their own agenda. Unable to take anything at face value, these threads are often closed down because off topic politics are introduced by antagonistic viewpoints just for sh)t and giggles.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

Not interested in anything Oprah related.

Agreed.

And in general, as more and more time goes on, I find myself at odds with the Hollywood culture and their positions on most things, so I choose not to support them with my money at the theaters. I feel the same about overpaid sports professionals and don't financially support those franchises either.

As time goes on, I find myself in total support of their positions on many things.  I like Oprah. I like her activism. I support her right to be vocal because I agree with her.  If she wasn't involved with this film, many of you wouldn't even bother comment.

Sadly, this thread was destined to become yet another forum for a few to take the opportunity to sneak in their political opinions.  It may be veiled and too subtle for the mods to remove, but trust me.  It's noticeable. 

I too support their right to be vocal, as I support the rights of others to disagree with them, and to not fund their efforts through supporting their careers. 

If the OP really wanted this to be about the movie and the book only, it would have been posted in TV and Movies. The 'thinly veiled' act of posting it in Community Chat wasn't lost on many.

I disagree with you. I'll leave it at that.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@cherrywrote:

You come onto every thread just trying to make something out of nothing. I mentioned this film in my thread about the  Black Panthers movie

I post here, because I have many friends here ,and I am not a liberal or a conservative..I am a centrist @Mominohio

@cherry, I just reread your opening post to see whether there was a whiff of baiting to it. I consider myself fairly good at the smell.

Nothing. I saw nothing that even remotely seemed a set-up. You didn't even mention the dreaded "O" name that some react to as if they're in a Slowly I Turn act.

Exactly. How is this any different from other discussions on current movies out there? I see them all the time, and people share whether they have seen a particular movie and whether they like it, didn't like it, were bored, or were moved by it. Kind of like Siskel and Ebert, only on an amateur basis.

Honored Contributor

NPR gives this film very good reviews.  Some of the other  reviews are mixed, mentioning  it might not do well ,because Black Panthers is such a block buster, and they are going to steal the thunder from Wrinkle, but Wrinkle was always my first choice

I don't know if my husband will like it as well as Panthers, but he is very easy going

Honored Contributor

I really don't know much about the cast ,or even care all that much, but I do love the visuals that I have seen ,and that is my criteria for seeing a film

I didn't know Mary P was getting a remake

Honored Contributor

Is it a musical?

Esteemed Contributor

This is a favorite book from childhood.  I remember, even, the blue cover mine had.  I'm sure I have read and re-read it many times.

I'm just not a movie-goer, but I may read the book again since I've been reminded.  I'll look at reviews of the film, though.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

Agreed.

And in general, as more and more time goes on, I find myself at odds with the Hollywood culture and their positions on most things, so I choose not to support them with my money at the theaters. I feel the same about overpaid sports professionals and don't financially support those franchises either.

As time goes on, I find myself in total support of their positions on many things.  I like Oprah. I like her activism. I support her right to be vocal because I agree with her.  If she wasn't involved with this film, many of you wouldn't even bother comment.

Sadly, this thread was destined to become yet another forum for a few to take the opportunity to sneak in their political opinions.  It may be veiled and too subtle for the mods to remove, but trust me.  It's noticeable. 

@Ms tyrion2, I don't know about you, but I get this feeling that some are essentially closing theselves off from more and more aspects of life instead of maybe trying to broaden their horizons. You can't begin to understand that in which you have no participation or knowledge.

@suzyQ3  Are you kidding me?  That has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard you say.  Using that kind of logic, should one give street drugs a try, rob a bank, attend a religious service of a religion that harms women and children to broaden their horizions and gain understanding and knowledge?  No thanks!  I can come up with plenty of examples but I think you get my drift.  I rely on my morals, values, faith, brain and and ability to reason to guide me in the decisions I make regarding where to invest my money, time, and what I actively participate in.  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

Agreed.

I too support their right to be vocal, as I support the rights of others to disagree with them, and to not fund their efforts through supporting their careers. 

If the OP really wanted this to be about the movie and the book only, it would have been posted in TV and Movies. The 'thinly veiled' act of posting it in Community Chat wasn't lost on many.

@Mominohio

Curious - What does posting on Community Chat imply in your mind which makes it a  “thinly veiled” ‘act’?  Act of what?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras