Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else watching/enjoying The Kennedys - After Camelot?

I did not like it at all.  It portrayed Jackie as a selfless saint who did not have anyone in her life after Onassis.  No one could be that perfect.  Also left Caroline out like she did not exist.  Ted was portrayed as a bumbling idiot.  The actor who played him is better in comedy.  I could not take him seriously.  I am sure there was a lot more to the story between Joan and Ted.  Maybe there was just too much to put in the two shows and they had to leave a lot out.  That is just my opinion of the show.  I do not know these people so I really don't know if it is a true portrayal or not.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Qvc fan from long island wrote:

Yes I watched two episodes.  I enjoyed them both.  The acting was very good.  Katie Holmes and Matthew Perry were very good.  But did you noticed they didn't have Caroline included in the story.  Didn't Jackie have a male companion in the last few years of her life?

I did notice this,  I think they left both Caroline and Templesman out because they are still alive. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I found the first series of "The Kennedys" more interesting.  Joe Kennedy was really corrupt in my opinion, if all they portrayed was true.

@Puppy Lips

Years ago, I saw a documentary about Joe Kennedy-life story.  I couldn't believe my ears.  My parents were right in the whispered stories I would hear from them when I was a child. 

He was a bootleger (where is millions really came from), schemer, womanizer (Gloria Swanson wasn't the only one) & scoundral.

Early on in Rose & Joe's marriage, Rose left him took 2 kids (I think that was all she had at that time) & went back to live w/her father.  Her father basically sent her packing right back to Joe telling her she made her bed, now lie in it. Smiley Surprised  And the rest is history.

I am going to have to do some research to find out the name of this documentary because I want to watch it again.

The fact that Joe Kennedy and all the others got away with the illegal stuff they were doing, and that so many people had to look the other way or clean up their messes really bugs me.  Just sayin'...

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

Maybe one day I will get to watch but I love the Kennedy's especially Robert.........I have watched over 80 hours of everything Kennedy and the day he died and before he died and things from I thinK James Maars and even read about E. Howard Hunt who was supposed to be the killer of JFK.......he told his son on his death bed and he was with the CIA.  It also stated that Lee Harvey was hired in 1960 to the CIA by J. Edgar Hoover and was a CIA agent............I in no way believe Lee killed JFK............but I do think leaders in our country were behind his death............many of the files are out now for people to read...........I will never get over the death of John and Robert and Robert loved this country and he was a great man..............you know it takes two to have an affair..........if women would stay in their place a man could not cheat...........

Trusted Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Maybe one day I will get to watch but I love the Kennedy's especially Robert.........I have watched over 80 hours of everything Kennedy and the day he died and before he died and things from I thinK James Maars and even read about E. Howard Hunt who was supposed to be the killer of JFK.......he told his son on his death bed and he was with the CIA.  It also stated that Lee Harvey was hired in 1960 to the CIA by J. Edgar Hoover and was a CIA agent............I in no way believe Lee killed JFK............but I do think leaders in our country were behind his death............many of the files are out now for people to read...........I will never get over the death of John and Robert and Robert loved this country and he was a great man..............you know it takes two to have an affair..........if women would stay in their place a man could not cheat...........

@DowntonAbbey   Say what ???????????????  SMH............

Trusted Contributor

I did not make that statement to cause anyone to shake their head, surely you know how women are and will go after somone's boyfriend or husband.   I think men are the weaker sex when it comes to not cheating.........women should leave married men alone.........then there would not be affairs...........yes men are guilty but come on you know the women incourage men to leave their wives and have affairs. Not all women but again if the woman would say no and not flirt then the next step would not happen.  We are stronger in that area I believe............respect for other women, do not touch their men regardless.

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I did not make that statement to cause anyone to shake their head, surely you know how women are and will go after somone's boyfriend or husband.   I think men are the weaker sex when it comes to not cheating.........women should leave married men alone.........then there would not be affairs...........yes men are guilty but come on you know the women incourage men to leave their wives and have affairs. Not all women but again if the woman would say no and not flirt then the next step would not happen.  We are stronger in that area I believe............respect for other women, do not touch their men regardless.

Let's all do the back pedal...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I have no experience with "how women are" since I have never been approached by a female in an amorous manner.  However, I have been approached by married men in a flirtacious manner.  "My wife just doesn't understand me" is a common conversation starter among those men seeking intimate companionship outside of marriage.