Trusted Contributor

Is anyone else tired of all the celebrities and their children's book?

Everyday there is a new one trying to sell their "children's book."  I think today it was Kathy Lee and the new girl on the View.  Last week I think it was Savanah and John Cena?  I would not buy a children's book just because a celebrity "maybe" wrote it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else tired of all the celebrities and their children's book?

I would be, but children's books are one of the easiest to write, literally anyone can do it, even children. I bought Fergies books for my son years ago and it's rich to see a 4 year old roll his eyes and tell me the book was for babies.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually pass on celebrity books and have no plans to purchase or read the ones mentioned in the OP.  

I guess my favorite celebrity series is by Henry Winkler (Fonz from Happy Days).  I know several young reluctant readers who enjoyed the Hank Zipzer books he co-authored.

Super Contributor

I would neither buy any celebrity book or for that matter any product they endorse.. I'll buy a product because it's what I want & not because they say so..

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGalI barely recognize today's celebrities, so I could be buying a celebrities product and not even know it was coming from a "famous" person!  On DWTS after the first to seasons maybe, I wasn't aware that well over half of the cast had any star power!  Even in your post, Kathie Lee and Savannah I recognize as famous people, but John Cena -  not enough of a celeb to have shone on me!

I actually don't object to celebrities working on a variety of fronts -  ordinary people move from one job to another, why not them? 

Doesn't mean I have to buy from them, but I tend to buy products not people.  For example, I like Paul Newman, but I've never purchased his salad dressings.  

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy anything celebrity endorsed and when I have I’ve been disappointed. 

Frequent Contributor

A Pig Tale by Olivia Newton John is good childrens book about recycling

Respected Contributor

Just sick of celebrities .. period .....

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

Just sick of celebrities .. period .....

@Big Joanie.  Then shut off the tv and don't go to the movies. They are making a living like most people as they should. Contributing to the economy, giving work to tons of people and aren't looking for you to pay their way.

Respected Contributor

Have already done that thanks ....