Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else tired of all the celebrities and their children's book?

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

What are all these people bashing celebrities doing in the tv & movies forum?  Especially the one who claims to have shut her tv.  And some of these posters are people you don't run across in the book forum.  Do you listen to music 24/7 or just sit in a rocking chair knitting and grumbling to yourselves?

@LoriLori I assume one of the reasons is because the majority of celebrities have beliefs and opinions that lean a certain way the people bashing don't agree with, if you get my drift. It really doesn't bug me if celebrities want to write (or have a hand in writing) books, do fashion lines, have their own side projects. Considering some celebrities aren't that talented in their original line of work, it may be good for them to branch out and do other things. We can choose not to buy what they're selling.

@Cumbercookie13   ITA.  That's why I brought up Ainsley Earhardt's book which by their standards none of these people saying these things would touch with a ten-foot pole...unless they're total hypocrites.

@LoriLori@Cumbercookie13  Just because somebody (like me!) enjoy this forum doesn't mean I am against all celebrities.  I am not obligated to watch every TV show and see every movie just to post here.

Not sure what being a hpocrite has to do with AInsley Earhardt-I find her dull and uninformed. 

You both are throwing shots at posters for no reason other than to assume who is on what political side.

And that is the really such a nonsense accusation.  Just because a poster is not on the book foum doesn't negate their opinion of celebrity children's books.

And if there could be a music forum which I and others have asked for, I'd be there.

So have a great evening and hopefully you take better care of your high horses than you do with your skills at being human.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers wrote:
@LoriLori wrote:
@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
@LoriLori wrote:

What are all these people bashing celebrities doing in the tv & movies forum?  Especially the one who claims to have shut her tv.  And some of these posters are people you don't run across in the book forum.  Do you listen to music 24/7 or just sit in a rocking chair knitting and grumbling to yourselves?

@LoriLori I assume one of the reasons is because the majority of celebrities have beliefs and opinions that lean a certain way the people bashing don't agree with, if you get my drift. It really doesn't bug me if celebrities want to write (or have a hand in writing) books, do fashion lines, have their own side projects. Considering some celebrities aren't that talented in their original line of work, it may be good for them to branch out and do other things. We can choose not to buy what they're selling.

@Cumbercookie13   ITA.  That's why I brought up Ainsley Earhardt's book which by their standards none of these people saying these things would touch with a ten-foot pole...unless they're total hypocrites.

@LoriLori@Cumbercookie13  Just because somebody (like me!) enjoy this forum doesn't mean I am against all celebrities.  I am not obligated to watch every TV show and see every movie just to post here.

Not sure what being a hpocrite has to do with AInsley Earhardt-I find her dull and uninformed. 

You both are throwing shots at posters for no reason other than to assume who is on what political side.

And that is the really such a nonsense accusation.  Just because a poster is not on the book foum doesn't negate their opinion of celebrity children's books.

And if there could be a music forum which I and others have asked for, I'd be there.

So have a great evening and hopefully you take better care of your high horses than you do with your skills at being human.

@Cakers, talking about our "skills at being human?"  I can't stop laughing, especially in light of your signature, "We are all cells in the same body of humanity."  Talk about hypocrisy...

I see your name all over this forum.  And you threw some shots as well in your post 26.  As for the "high horse," I'd much rather be high on the horse than be full of the stuff that comes out the other end.

Honored Contributor

I am and have always been a lover of books and reading.  I don't care who writes, what side they are on, who they are, celebrity or not, I have nothing against anyone writing a book if it is well written and holds my attention and I am entertained by it.  

As far as celebrities writing children's books, I would buy the book if I think the children I know might like it.  Everyone is entitled to write and I don't judge a book by the author but by the contents and subject.  

I know of two people in the entertainment buisness, on opposite sides politically, who are promoting children's books.  The money from sales will go directly to charaties, that is to me a gesture well intentioned.  I would buy the books for this reason.

Reading is my way of escape and relaxation, I do have favorite authors but I admire everyone who has the talent to write a book whoever they may be.

Frequent Contributor

I don't see the correlation....someone is tired of celebrities so they "...just sit in a rocking chair knitting and grumbling to yourselves?" 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

Just sick of celebrities .. period .....

@Big Joanie.  Then shut off the tv and don't go to the movies. They are making a living like most people as they should. Contributing to the economy, giving work to tons of people and aren't looking for you to pay their way.

@proudlyfromNJ . It's not the celebrities themselves it's the worship of celebrities that many are sick of.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:
@Cakers wrote:
@LoriLori wrote:
@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
@LoriLori wrote:

@Cakers, talking about our "skills at being human?"  I can't stop laughing, especially in light of your signature, "We are all cells in the same body of humanity."  Talk about hypocrisy...

I see your name all over this forum.  And you threw some shots as well in your post 26.  As for the "high horse," I'd much rather be high on the horse than be full of the stuff that comes out the other end.

@LoriLori Cakers should practice what/he she preaches while looking up hypocrisy in the dictionary at the same time. I stand by my opinion, and I'll continue to be on my high horse. 

Honored Contributor

@michellegirl wrote:

I don't see the correlation....someone is tired of celebrities so they "...just sit in a rocking chair knitting and grumbling to yourselves?" 

@michellegirl, welcome to the forum, I see you're fairly new.  Seriously it helps a lot to quote the post you're responding or referring to.   In context my post makes sense, whether or not you agree with it.  This is what I said:

"What are all these people bashing celebrities doing in the tv & movies forum?  Especially the one who claims to have shut her tv.  And some of these posters are people you don't run across in the book forum.  Do you listen to music 24/7 or just sit in a rocking chair knitting and grumbling to yourselves?"

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ . It's not the celebrities themselves it's the worship of celebrities that many are sick of.

@haddon9the OP is not about celebrity worship and I'm sure any thread about people who worship celebrities would find all the posters or almost all iin agreement.