Honored Contributor

Is Your Favorite Show Coming Back?

So I'm sitting watching TV and reading my TV GUIDE. There is a half page listing shows that have been cancelled and some that are still pending ( I don't know how last minute up to date it is). I am not at all happy with cancellations of American Housewife, MacGyver, Mom, Prodigal Son, Supernatural, Superstore, and The Unicorn. I knew about some of these cancellations but not all. Shows that are decision pending are The Bachelor ( which I find hard to believe), Debris, Manifest, Match Game, Songland, and Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist to name a few. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Your Favorite Show Coming Back?

Since none of the shows I watch are cancelled or pending cancellation, I'll say that the shows I watch are coming back.

Esteemed Contributor

I was enjoying "Stumptown" and they canceled that .....it was really getting good and i saw alot of viewers complaining about it getting canceled....but it didn't come back after the pandemic

Respected Contributor

I think the fate of The Bachelor franchise is dependent on the fate of Chris Harrison. If he’s gone, so are the shows.  

I think Supernatural was supposed to end years ago. My feeling is if that series finale was any indication, it should have. Don't know about anyone else, but there were far too many underworld and heavenly entities I couldn't keep track of the hierarchy. Became too convoluted. Who knew God had a sister? Perfered the earlier seasons with the hunt-worthy character of the week. Show lost it heart when Bobby died.

Thought Mom had become a well written show that was balancing the humor with the pathos and gravity of some situations. Should have dropped the mom aspect and called  it Bonnie or The Meeting Group instead.The relationship of those women is what made the show. 

Podigal Son may have had a better survival on another channel.

Honored Contributor

Yellowstone Season 4 starts later this month.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

My favorite was Prodigal son. Didn't watch any of the others mentioned.  I figure it'll probably be replaced by a Real Housewife or Bachelor or some other "reality"-based shows which really aren't anything like reality and rely on either sex or fights to draw the audience.  Slim pickins for me on TV these days.  I still like The Good Doctor, 911, and Chicago Med to some degree.  I guess it's obvious I like medical and crime dramas.  However, they are ruining a lot of them with all the social injustice content they are adding to them. 

Pretty soon my husband may get his wish of cutting the cord and then I'll probably just turn the TV off and find someway to listen to music.  I just can't stand a quiet house even though I love the quiet when working in the yard and get annoyed when the neighbors start cranking up the music.  I just want the sounds of nature.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  

I'm disappointed too. I'm not really surprised Mom got cancelled. This last season was somewhat of a dud without Ana Faris. There are others I'll miss too.

Honored Contributor

I will really miss Prodigal Son --- I thought this was an exceptional show!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

The only  show on that list that I'm going to miss, is "Mom". It was just as good, if not better without Anna (Christy). It got real old her constantly blaming Bonnie for things that went wrong in her life.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Only watched two shoes on this list. The one I will miss is Mom. Debris was OK since there was nothing else on Monday nights.