Honored Contributor

Re: Is Sex and the City series worth watching ?

I never understood the popularity of it!!  I watched a few times and just couldn't care about a bunch of sex crazed women!!

Contributor

@Catty2  I watched the same as you, and I also will have to wait for the DVDs of the new series.  I really loved all the shows, and I could watch them all again now.  One of my favorite series ever.  Maybe my most favorite, because I actually saw every episode, plus the movies.  So I recommend it!

Esteemed Contributor

Never watched it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a great series that gets better and better.  You just have to get past the first season which focused too much on the "sex" aspect.  

I've seen them all many times - I even bought the DVDs.

Super Contributor

GURL...  Hated It  ! ! !

Honored Contributor

Whether it is worth watching depends on if you want to watch a show of extremely promiscuous women or not.

In the minority here, I found it filthy, degrading and foul.  Never continued to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I've only seen the series when it airs on E and I only watch it when there is absolutely nothing else I'm remotely interested in on any channel.  Personally, I thought the show and the fashions were over rated. 

For the most part, fashions for the Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte characters were sort of "vanilla"  Carrie's looks were, by far, more interesting.  There were some items where she knocked it out of the park but a lot of the times.....Carrie (SJP) didn't wear the fashions; the fashions wore her.  I was actually more in love with the shoes and accessories and noticed even more of them in the Youtube clip that, I think, ECBG posted.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Whether it is worth watching depends on if you want to watch a show of extremely promiscuous women or not.

In the minority here, I found it filthy, degrading and foul.  Never continued to watch.

@RespectLife  I didn't find them extremely. Maybe Samantha.  You can be in the minority, it's just your opinion. I just don't agree. 

Trusted Contributor

Loved the show ~ It's fabulous!!!

Much of the fashion is timeless and ohhh so super chic Heart

There are risque scenes that may be a real turn off to some.....

The characters are very much defined and over the episodes and the movies grow and demonstrate the importance of those in our lives we call friends!!!

Honored Contributor

Everyone in my office kept telling me that I reminded them of Kim Catrell.  I didn't know who she was.

Every Monday morning they'd ask if I watched SATC, and I always answered 'no'.

So one night, I watched it with my husband.  It was an episode with Kim taking a bath with another woman.  Ugh.  That's not me.

The next morning, I denied watching it.Woman LOL

I tried again a couple of times and it just didn't seem like anything to me worth watching.