Respected Contributor

Re: Is Frasier's dad even a good parent?

Just in case anyone has trouble finding the show it is on a channel called CoziTv. This channel is high in the 100s on cable. Not a main channel you have to go hunting to find it but they air Frasier at 8pm Eastern weekdays
Honored Contributor

Also, middle of the night on Hallmark Channel.  They run about 6 episodes, in consecutive chronological order, between 1am and 4am in my market (YMMV).     Smiley Happy  

I often record a bunch of them, especially in the seasons I really love the most, and when I want to just watch 'funny' all evening I always have a bunch on hand to watch.     I think they are on Netflix also, FYI.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Also, middle of the night on Hallmark Channel.  They run about 6 episodes, in consecutive chronological order, between 1am and 4am in my market (YMMV).     Smiley Happy  

I often record a bunch of them, especially in the seasons I really love the most, and when I want to just watch 'funny' all evening I always have a bunch on hand to watch.     I think they are on Netflix also, FYI.

That's where I see them in the wee hours of the morning. I never tire of them.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

That's where I see them in the wee hours of the morning. I never tire of them.

The material and the actors are so good that you can watch episodes over and over, and it's always every bit as funny.   Sometimes even more because maybe you caught one bit of nuance last time and then it hits you the next time.   Just great stuff, this entire sitcom.

While I do like pretty much all the actors, David Hyde Pierce, as well as his character of Niles, is my favorite.   So many episodes where he had comedic bits are my favorites.  'Flour Child' was one of the great ones, IMO.    But I really love watching the mid-later episodes just before he and Daphne got together, and throughout their relationship.   

I think Donny and Mel should have gotten together.    Smiley Very Happy   They both creeped me out, but I think they would have been a funny match.

Honored Contributor

I am not a sitcom person, but this show always makes me laugh out loud. I can watch it over and over and never get tired of it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Frasier is one of my favorite shows of all time....it is very wellwritten like a one-act play and the ensemble cast is stellar. I think the character of Martin is great; John Mahoney was a British theater actor before coming to Frasier...yet he made his character quite believable. I never thought of him as a bad father...just the normal one in the midst of all of the neuroses that is the driving force of Frasier and Niles. I have seen every episode and recall several times when he and his sons share close moments...and tell each other how much they mean to each other....awkwardly....but men of his generation thought many emotions better left unexpressed...don't we all know someone like that? I cringe at the idea of a reboot of Frasier.....why mess with success?

Honored Contributor

I was just reading the IMDb page for this show and down at the bottom, under 'trivia' I saw this and thought it was kind of fun and interesting - 

"David Hyde Pierce has said that, prior to this series, he had no strong interest in wine nor opera. Ironically, he was introduced to both by John Mahoney, whose Martin Crane character eschews anything cultured."

There are several fun trivia facts listed.   Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I was just reading the IMDb page for this show and down at the bottom, under 'trivia' I saw this and thought it was kind of fun and interesting - 

"David Hyde Pierce has said that, prior to this series, he had no strong interest in wine nor opera. Ironically, he was introduced to both by John Mahoney, whose Martin Crane character eschews anything cultured."

There are several fun trivia facts listed.   Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt.  You better let Reever know that Dad was not really a beer swilling common man! LOL

Valued Contributor

I love Frasier!  I watched the show when it ran originally on air and still watch the reruns faithfullly.  They are shown on Cozi TV in the mornings and while I'm getting ready for work, I have it on.  I always said that I wish Niles and Frasier existed in real life.  I mean, who wouldn't love going to either one of them as your doctor.  I would!  I find Frasier so endearing.