Respected Contributor

Is Debbie Matenopoulos heading back to The View?

The View' co-hosts through the years: Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg and  more | Newsday

The View is looking to tap former co-host Debbie Matenopoulos to replace Meghan Mccain, DailyMail.com can reveal. 

An ABC source exclusively told DailyMail.com, 'Next year is our 25th season and we're considering Debbie Matenopoulos making a triumphant return to The View.'

Matenopoulos was one of the original hosts of the show alongside Barbara Walters, Meredith Vieira, Star Jones and Joy Behar when it first aired in 1997.

McCain announced last week that she was resigning, but the ABC insider also hinted that another host may be exiting.  

'While we need to fill the seat that Meghan has vacated, there may be another change coming that we need to plan for.  But Debbie would be the perfect fit for our anniversary season,' they said. 

Matenopoulos served as co-host for two seasons before her exit but has appeared on the show as a guest co-host periodically.

The source said of Matenopoulos' return, 'Debbie's recent guest co-hosting of The Talk has not gone unnoticed at ABC and it would make sense to scoop her up. 

'Debbie got such a raw deal when she was cast 24 years ago – she was only 21 and had no real life experience. Yet over the past 20 plus years she has blossomed, she's married, has a child, is a successful television host and she now could hold her own at The View's table, day after day.'

Debbie Matenopoulos did not respond when DailyMail.com reached out to ask about her possible return to the show.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Debbie Matenopoulos heading back to The View?

Saw her on The Talk, is Hallmark Home and Family cancelled?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Saw her on The Talk, is Hallmark Home and Family cancelled?

Good question.  I used to watch that show faithfully back when it was Woolery and Ferrare and up until they let Cristina go.  Only checked in when it was Mark and Debbie, but totally lost interest with Mark's replacement.

So I googled and it appears to air from Mon to Wed, still.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle , @Lucky Charm  Home and Family is supposed to be going off the air early in August. I watch it everyday and will miss it. As it is, it's only been airing 3 days a week with no second hour. Cameron Matheson is gonna be on one of the soaps. I don't watch the Talk or The View, so I can't guess about Debbie.

Respected Contributor

If they want to call themselves the Political View and spend the majority of their time talking about it, they should find someone who actually knows politics.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why?  We all have political views even without degrees in Political Science. 

I just wish the show were more balanced.  The scales definitely tilt to one side.

Esteemed Contributor

Bring her on so they can all just rip people  because none of  these view Hosts can engage in a civil discussion  with others who  voice a different  opinion.

Honored Contributor

Of course Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie are long gone, but the original point was to have women of different backgrounds and experience.  I believe that all of the women on the show now have been married at least once and have children.  Pretty similar backgrounds IMO.    Well, we shall see .... just please don't re-hire Star Jones.  She thought the whole world revolved around her.  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

If they want to call themselves the Political View and spend the majority of their time talking about it, they should find someone who actually knows politics.

@VanSleepy 

???     Where and when did you see they want to change the name of the show?  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt 

A side note:  I "met" Debbie without knowing who she was. She was standing in a large crowd made up of various news reporters and onlookers outside the cemetery where Whitney Houston was interred. (I live in the area.) I found myself next to her and was struck by her beautiful hair and makeup. She was not on the air at that time, so I took the opportunity to compliment her. She was humble and gave credit to her professional makeup artist and stylist. 
Later that night I was watching a national entertainment tv program and there she was reporting. I was so shocked to find out who I met earlier!  
She was stunning!