Valued Contributor

Is Anyone Watching HBOs The Last of Us?

I thought this was going to be another zombie apocalypse series, but holy moly is it astonishingly good.  This is the show that I think everyone will be talking about. Last night's episode was a beautiful departure from the expected storyline and left me an emotional wreck at the end. The writing and acting are compelling and if you haven't seen it, please give it a shot. This is not your run of the mill horror series.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Watching HBOs The Last of Us?

I've given it a try have watched 2 eposoides and just can't get into it. Find it boring, may continue with a couple more eposoides , but so far not impressed. I find it wants to be the Walking Dead , which I lwas a fan , and thought was so very well done . Look forward to the spin offs .
Honored Contributor

I plan to but I'm waiting until they're all released so I only need to pay for a month of HBOMAX. I'll also watch Black Lotus then too. I'm not thrilled with the casting of Ellie though. Glad you're enjoying it. I like the game a lot. 

Esteemed Contributor

Watched the  episodes thus far .  Felt the  initial episodes boring and actors/actresses  not compelling me to want to watch additional episodes. The  actress playing the girl with immunity  curses to much . The last episode  did not have to have the bedroom scene .

Last night , has me convinced  the show will just  want to be a check off list .

Honored Contributor

@Linda0215   I watched the first episode over a 3-day period.  I just couldn't get into it at first.  Then the 2nd episode sold me!  The 3rd episode -- that one was so achingly beautiful and remarkably well done in every way.  

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   Episode 3 certainly came out of left field. I was not prepared for how great it was. This series is getting a lot of well-deserved buzz. I'm particularly glad that it's also introduced Linda Ronstandt to a whole new generation. It was indeed an achingly beautiful story and I cannot wait for Sunday night again. 😂

Valued Contributor

I don't have HBO but my daughter is suggesting I get it for this show alone. She loves it. Hearing loads of good reviews. However, having just gone through a plague and knowing how people behaved and seeing someone I know die, I don't think I can watch this right now.

I've had enough Armageddon to last a lifetime 😉

Respected Contributor

I really like it.