Esteemed Contributor

Any one watch the HBO series  Irma Vep ?

I enjoyed the series which was abt an actress, Alicia Vikander,  who was cast in a remake of a silent movie.

" Based on the movie of the same title, the series follows Mira, an American movie star disillusioned by her career and a recent breakup, who goes to France to star as Irma Vep in a remake of the French silent film classic "Les Vampires." Against the backdrop of a lurid crime thriller, Mira struggles when the distinctions between herself and the character she plays start to blur together, revealing the uncertain ground that lies at the border of fiction and reality, artifice and authenticity, art and life ".

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed watching Irma Vep. The composition of the series was unique in how it went from the present to the silent movie to the actress becoming Irma. The director role was pretty funny, and the spirits showing up was interesting. The season finale was perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with your opinion .  At first , I did not think I would care for the series  , however it kept my interest . I enjoyed each character portrayed by excellent  actors/actresses. It was an interesting view point in how  movies/series are made .