Valued Contributor

Re: Investigation Discovery - Kitty Geovese (episode last night 11/11)

You're welcome, Hooty!

Honored Contributor

I finally watched this episode last night. I watch so many ID shows, it's probably kind of crazy but oh well. Smiley Happy

Anyway, early in 1964 I was only 9 years old so I'm not sure why her name seems so familiar to me. What a story! Perhaps if somebody had helped her sooner she would not have lost her life. I was glad they got the guy!

Valued Contributor

On 11/17/2014 chickenbutt said:

I finally watched this episode last night. I watch so many ID shows, it's probably kind of crazy but oh well. Smiley Happy

Anyway, early in 1964 I was only 9 years old so I'm not sure why her name seems so familiar to me. What a story! Perhaps if somebody had helped her sooner she would not have lost her life. I was glad they got the guy!

Your 2nd sentence gave me a laugh, chickenbutt. We have that in common and our DVR records way too many of them.

Honored Contributor

On 11/18/2014 HisElk said:

Your 2nd sentence gave me a laugh, chickenbutt. We have that in common and our DVR records way too many of them.

Preaching to the choir! Smiley Happy You should see the Season Pass list on my bedroom Tivo. I have 87 Season Passes for ID shows. I go to sleep at night watching them. I've always enjoyed watching real crime shows more than most crime dramas.

Valued Contributor

On 11/18/2014 chickenbutt said:
On 11/18/2014 HisElk said:

Preaching to the choir! Smiley Happy You should see the Season Pass list on my bedroom Tivo. I have 87 Season Passes for ID shows. I go to sleep at night watching them. I've always enjoyed watching real crime shows more than most crime dramas.

WOW! I thought we were bad LOL.... We came upon this channel by accident a few months ago, and boy does it ever give our DVR a workout.

Yes, I agree about watching the real crime shows; there's times when DH will say, let's watch this one, and it turns out we've already seen it before.

We also enjoy watching Joe Kenda's Homicide Hunter; have to admire and respect the guy for all the cases he's been able to solve. His narration is so good and we both laugh when he says that "my, my my". I'm even thinking about ordering DH one of his mugs that say that.

Honored Contributor

I watch the Joe Kenda one, too. I really like the actor who plays him in the recreations. Joe is ok but he talks so slow that sometimes I want to reach down and grab the words out. Ha! I'm bad like that. But it's pretty cool. I like seeing old crimes, especially when they've been solved. I don't like the shows as much that end without the crime being solved.

That cold case show with the two women (not on the ID channel) is really good. I cannot remember the name of it now, as it's in hiatus. Perhaps you know the one I mean? IIRC, one was a prosecutor and the other was a CSI person. They go around trying to help police departments solve cold cases.

Esteemed Contributor

Look up the 2/16/2014 New York Post article "Debunking the Myth of Kitty Genovese".

It is a little different take on the murder and I found it to be a very interesting and fascinating read. I tried to copy it into this post but some of the language was disallowed.

If you type Kitty Genovese into the Yahoo search bar, this article comes up near the top of the list.