Respected Contributor

Re: Industry On HBO

[ Edited ]

Accidentally found the first episode of this HBO series and have watched  the first two episodes. 

Can't quite figure out the plot yet and think it contains some unsavory scenes involving the characters, but I'll keep watching it to see what happens.

It certainly doesn't portray a happy work environment and hope it isn't meant to portray the British financial investment industry as a whole--much less any other modern work environment in either the UK or elsewhere!

It will make you glad you're retired from any workplace!

Honored Contributor

I just read there will be a second season for the show. I watched all the episodes, but I didn't love it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Industry On HBO

[ Edited ]

I have watched 2 episodes , i can't say i like it. Lena Dunham is an executive producer and directed the first epoisode. I do have to say i was like that with SUCCESSION , and it turned into one of my faves. I just don't think the actors are going to grow on me . 

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I have watched 2 episodes , i can't say i like it. LenaDunhamm is an executive producer and directed the firstepoisodee. I do have to say i was like that with SUCCESSION , and it turned into one of my faves. I just don't think the actors are going to grow on me . 

@MW in Iowa this is no way as good as Succession. I feel exactly the same as you do about Succession, it grew on me. I am the type that hangs in with a show to the bitter end, I always think it will get better, then I think I'm so invested I might as well stick with it.