Honored Contributor

Did anyone else see this Thursday night? I was looking forward to it because of Fran Drescher and Steven Weber, two of my favorite comic actors.

A waste of my time! The premise, about two baby boomer parents who once lived the rich life and now have run out of money and have to move in with their son and his family - after they are finally out of the "diaper stage," sounded OK, but it ended there. They brought out every cliche in the book. And Steven didn't have a lot to do. The actors who played the young mom and dad were not funny at all. 

It was just too much for me. I don't think it will be around long. They should have cast Fran and Steven in something else. I feel bad for them and they deserve much better. 

I watched the first episode of The Nanny to "get the bad taste out of my mouth"! LOL!  Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

I watched it. Not too impressed. She keeps trying to recreate "The Nanny", but it doesn't work. We should all be happy that it happened once, and for as long as it lasted. It will probably rerun forever on some channel, somewhere.

Valued Contributor

I watched the first episode and thought it was terrible! I will not watch again.

Honored Contributor

It was awful!! i still watch The Nanny on LOGO in the afternoons, still find it enjoyable. 

Valued Contributor

I watched about 10 minutes and had to change the channel. It sounded like a cute show and I do like Steven Weber and Fran Drescher but this show is nothing that I'd watch again

cookin

Trusted Contributor

I was flipping between Indebted and something else.  I did not find it to be an entertaining show at all.

Respected Contributor

Tried to watch, but changed it...

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I watched. I love a lot of the people involved, especially Steven Weber, but it was awful. The premise, the writing, the acting - all of it was awful. 

And the live studio audience and laugh track just emphasized how very unfunny it was.

What a disappointment.

Respected Contributor

No.  I just can't get past her voice.

Honored Contributor

I just read a review by a critic who gave it a C-, I think they were being too kind.