Respected Contributor

In the midst of watching a heart breaking documentary.

Prime is showing "One Child Nation" which shows life in China when couples were allowed to have only one child.  One of the midwives performed abortions, sterilizations, as well as helping to deliver babies.  Her story is so very sad.  This is well worth watching! 

Respected Contributor

Re: In the midst of watching a heart breaking documentary.

Watched it ... yes it was worth watching .....

Respected Contributor

@this is my nic

I could barely watch it, I SOBBED, I mean like hard crying through most of it and could not get through it...I have too hard a time with cruelties; to the frail, the old, the young and animals...I can't get stories or images of such out of my head or my heart.

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby 

Yes, I understand how you feel.   This is ugly truth and no matter how sad, and horrible, it should be watched by everyone.  The babies who were murdered and those left on the roadside to be taken, but weren't, cry out to us to acknowledge them.  

Esteemed Contributor

Anybody read the reviews on it (on Amazon)?

controversial, so say the least.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I watched in horror, it was truly gut-wrenching.  The propaganda, brainwashing, murder of baby girls.  Thirty years, then, OH!  Now it's a good thing to have TWO children!  Unbelievable, except there are actual photos and film documentation.

Esteemed Contributor

The first time I went to China was in 1981 (they had a one child policy then) and I remember a proud father insisting that I photograph his twin baby boys (it was summer and they had naked bottoms).  Evidently "multiples" counter as one child!

Respected Contributor

@patbz 

The issue of twins was addressed in the documentary and, I believe, they could just keep one.  Perhaps since the twins you saw were boys, they were allowed. 

Respected Contributor

No government should be able to control the reproductive organs of any woman anywhere. Mandating a woman only have one or two children is as bad as forcing her to bear them.

This movie would bother me too much.