Super Contributor

Did I miss a tribute picture to actor Luke Perry at the Oscars when honoring those who past away this past year?

I didn't see it and Luke Perry was in movies and film.

I just feel it's wrong to leave someone out.

Honored Contributor

They left Farrah Fawcett out one year.  Can you imagine forgetting her?  She was such a cultural icon if nothing else.

Honored Contributor
No you didn't miss it. However they had time and led off with Kobe Bryant. Did he gav
Honored Contributor
Have something to do with the entertainment industry?
Honored Contributor
Kobe won an Oscar for best documentary.
Respected Contributor

@Ladygray   No, I don't recall seeing his photo either.  I was straining my ears trying to hear Billie Eilish singing 'Yesterday' that I lost my focus.  Not sure what all the hype is about her other than her manner of dress and choice of hair color.

They also doubled up on a lot of the photographs.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

Luke Perry was in the business for years and was in the Oscar nomiated movie,
"Once Upon a Time in Hollywood," his last picture before his untimely death by a stroke.

It was a very inappropriate omission.

Go online, fans and movie audiences are upset with them forgetting him.

Esteemed Contributor
They can’t show everyone and always leave people off. I would say Luke Perry (and Farrah Fawcett, since she was brought up) were better known for their TV work.
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@Ladygray   No, I don't recall seeing his photo either.  I was straining my ears trying to hear Billie Eilish singing 'Yesterday' that I lost my focus.  Not sure what all the hype is about her other than her manner of dress and choice of hair color.

They also doubled up on a lot of the photographs.

____

I agree. Out of respect, give them their own second or two of time and don't make them share the screen time!  This was poorly done for such a major event.  😪

Super Contributor

Both Leo and Brad said when they met him on set, they were in awe because they had grown up watching him on 90210.

They said he was humble and so good with his craft of acting.

It doesn't matter if they did TV also.   Luke Perry was in a lot of movies over the years. He was in the Oscar nominated movie this year.   It is about respecting those who contributed to the art of the movies.

Sorry, but I hold a lot of respect for this actor.   He was a tremendous talent and a good man who did good things for people in his short life on this planet.

RIP LUKE!