Respected Contributor

Re: Im obsessed with MidSomer Murders

We LOVE it too!!  We started recording it from PBS and have discovered there are a lot of episodes on Prime.  I love the actors and the settings.  I think the plots are really challenging - love trying to figure them out, but I am rarely correct!

Super Contributor

I'm pleased to see these posts because Midsomer Murders has long been my very favorite show.  

As a matter of interest, I noticed the other day that Acorn have a lot of free shows, and Midsomer Murders is among them.  Imagine my surprise when I saw that they are offering the new season 21.  For some reason only four episodes were made in season 21, but I have binge watched them in the last two days.  This series is not offering such good plots these days as they used to, but I am still an avid watcher and enjoy them very much - and the murders are still as gruesome as ever.

If anyone as interested, as a heads-up, Acorn are only offering these free shows until tomorrow, April 9th.  However, who knows, hopefully they might extend that date.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

We took the tour of some of the sets last year in Buckinghamshire.  We had dinner with Daniel Casey.  What a thrill.  It was great!

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I get the older ones on Directv the ovation channel.  Although John Nettles ( Inspector Barnaby) is not in the newer ones I hope the ovation channel will also show the newer ones at some point.

One of the reasons I like Midsomer so much is the casts are made up of "real" people, meaning they have older, not "Hollywood" beautiful people,  not lots of makeup or the latest fashions and everyone is not thin, young and beautiful.  I also love their quirky personalities.

I love that show too.  I didn't realize it was on the Ovation channel.. will have to check it out.. It's one of my favorite shows.  I just wish Rosemary and Thyme still came on.  Both shows used to be on my local PBS station - WUNC...  

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I'm obsessed w/ SYKIE!

Me too! I love him. Haven't enjoyed a TV pup so much since Eddie on Frasier.

Trusted Contributor

One of our local PBS stations is showing Scott And Bailey. Good mysteries, great characters. Don't know if Cagney and Lacey was an America re-do of this or the opposite. Re commend it. Also the original Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren, one of the best shows and actress!