Honored Contributor

Im obsessed with MidSomer Murders

[ Edited ]

I get the older ones on Directv the ovation channel.  Although John Nettles ( Inspector Barnaby) is not in the newer ones I hope the ovation channel will also show the newer ones at some point.

One of the reasons I like Midsomer so much is the casts are made up of "real" people, meaning they have older, not "Hollywood" beautiful people,  not lots of makeup or the latest fashions and everyone is not thin, young and beautiful.  I also love their quirky personalities.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: Im obsessed with MidSomer Murders

I love this series and have watched all twenty one of them several times!! I get it on netflix, acorn and britbox. Another one you might really enjoy is Death In Paradise and Father Brown.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Father Brown and am looking forward to exploring more of the British shows.  I find them unique and engaging.  thanks for the tips.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitlynn wrote:

I love this series and have watched all twenty one of them several times!! I get it on netflix, acorn and britbox. Another one you might really enjoy is Death In Paradise and Father Brown.

I love all three! If you like those, you might also enjoy Murdoch Mysteries (on Netflix, Acorn TV, or shown on Ovation. under the name The Artful Detective). It's a Canadian series that takes place in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Agatha Raison is another fun Acorn show. Murder in Surburbia is also very good.

If you do like to see beautiful people and the most amazing costumes ever, I also highly recommend Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. It's an Australian series set in the early 1900s (Miss Fisher is described as a 'flapper' in the novels) and can be found on Acorn TV.

Edited: Ovation has stopped running Murdoch Mysteries under the title The Artful Detective and now just calls it Murdock Mysteries like everyone else. Much less confusing. Ovation also airs the Frankie Drake Mysteries, another Canadian series set around the 1920s and starting a woman detective and her friends.

Contributor

Oh you must watch  Inspector Morse, Inspector Lewis and Endeavor!!!

Honored Contributor

I have to agree.  The Midsomer Murders characters are very good, as you say, like real people with their quirks and eccentricities. 

Esteemed Contributor

We enjoy Midsummer Murders as well.  This new season has a few new twists too.

Other PBS favorites are Father Brown, Death in Paradise, Endeavor, Inspector Morse, and so far, Frankie Drake Mysteries.  I do miss Miss Fischer and Dr Blake.  These shows are so well done.  The homes and scenery are so amazing.

Honored Contributor

I'm obsessed w/ SYKIE!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I am home...well...every day these days...I watch Ovation in the morning. 

Monday through Friday from 6 am to 1 pm (mountain time) the channel shows mysteries all morning.  

Monday --  A Place Called Home

Tuesday -   Murdoch Mystereis

Wednesday - Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

Thursday -   Midsomer Murders

Friday -      Librarians

Of all, my favorite is Midsomer Mysteries.  Love the characters and the storylines.  Scenery and acting is so good!!

Rarely watch the Librarians...just could not get into the stories!!

Valued Contributor

Midsomer, Murdoch, Father Brown, Doc Martin, Vera, Case Histories...you name it, love the British shows too!