Respected Contributor

Re: If you watched New Amsterdam last night I have a question

I think there is a strong possibility that Georgia, Max's wife, could have been killed in the accident. 

She was telling Max how she wanted Luna to be raised and things that she hoped for her to do before she went off into the ambulance.

If that were the case, it would lead to many interesting storylines down the road.

I am glad Max is still alive...the character he played on "The Blacklist" was killed off.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dr. Bloom was wearing white tennis shoes.  The person under the sheet had black shoes on.  I have rewatched the episode, no where thru the episode did they show a full body view of Dr. Sharpe so one could see what color of shoes she had on.  I can only assume that both ambulance attendants wore black shoes.

Then there are articles that the producers said that it was a key character that was dead.

They were so clever with the filming, displaying it so fast.

Contributor

The ambulance driver was the businessman with the bag of drugs in his stomach...he left the ER and apparently took the ambulance to escape arrest.  At least that is what I saw and also, I do think the dictor on leave was hit...her name escapes me....great show.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Dr. Bloom was wearing white tennis shoes.  The person under the sheet had black shoes on.  I have rewatched the episode, no where thru the episode did they show a full body view of Dr. Sharpe so one could see what color of shoes she had on.  I can only assume that both ambulance attendants wore black shoes.

Then there are articles that the producers said that it was a key character that was dead.

They were so clever with the filming, displaying it so fast.

I stand corrected.  There was one glimpse of Dr. Sharpe's shoes during filming and she is wearing black shoes.  

Frequent Contributor

I was feeling so relieved that the baby and mother were ok, Dr Bloom got in the ambulance, Dr. Fromm was wrapping up the night in his soothing voice...then BOOM the crash.  Totally shocked me.  Can't wait til next season.  Great show!  

Esteemed Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I think "they" want us to believe it's Lauren under the sheet, but I'm very much afraid it's Helen. Of the two, I'd rather see Lauren go, because Helen is working on a treatment program for Max!

Helen took over as Max's doctor, but the guy she was having an affair with is the one that has the immunotherapy protocol for Max. 

Remember the show where they were debating on TV about chemo vs immunotherapy?  When she saw that Max was dying from the chemo, that was when she took over his case and decided to try the immunotherapy.

I would rather see Helen go and Lauren stay.  JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Who died and was covered by the sheet at the accident scene in the end of the show?

____

I had the same question and replayed the final scene.  I love this show!  Yes, I assume we will have to wait this out until the show resumes next fall.  

Luna was certainly a healthy looking baby!  

I agree that baby was no newborn.....more like 2 months?  Maybe it is Lauren's baby in real life??

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@vermint 

I agree they want us to think it’s Lauren under the sheet. I think it’s the paramedic driving their ambulance. And even though they showed Max’s wife on a stretcher I think she’s the one that dies. Maybe a blood clot or some trauma from the crash. 

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@jpie wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Who died and was covered by the sheet at the accident scene in the end of the show?

____

I had the same question and replayed the final scene.  I love this show!  Yes, I assume we will have to wait this out until the show resumes next fall.  

Luna was certainly a healthy looking baby!  

I agree that baby was no newborn.....more like 2 months?  Maybe it is Lauren's baby in real life??

@tends2dogs Years ago, TV shows could use newborns in these scenes. I'm not sure how long ago it was, but they are no longer allowed to do that. Sure makes for some healthy looking newborns! 

Honored Contributor

I got started on this show and then forgot about it. Before reading any posts here or on Facebook, I’ve binge watched last weekend. I’ve enjoyed reading the thoughts here. I thought I had an idea who it is but I have to go and watch the episode again.