Frequent Contributor

If you saw Green Book Movie (Spoiler)

[ Edited ]

I loved the movie and soundtrack and I thought Vigo was priceless as an Italian American from the Bronx.

Did anyone else notice the music that was playing in the background at the very end of the movie when Dr. Don Shirley went to Vigo's home?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you saw Green Book Movie (Spoiler)

@maisiebrook...I also loved everything about this movie...Viggo is Danish and he was amazing in his role as a Bronx Italian-American, along with perfecting that accent.

I don't really recall the exact music that was playing in the ending scene, but I do remember that Don and Viggo returned back home at Christmas, so it must have been a Christmas song.

I'm anxious to hear why you posed this question?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Frequent Contributor

@MyShadowLove  I was curious to see if anyone else noticed.   The song in the background at the end of the movie was a Nat King Cole xmas song --The Christmas Song.  I thought its placement in the movie ending was very appropriate given that Nat King Cole was assaulted on stage while performing for an all white audience in Birmingham, Alabama as pointed out earlier in the movie.

Thanks for asking!

Respected Contributor

@maisiebrook @MyShadowLove ,  dh and I streamed it on Amazon last night ( for Prime members they offered it at $2.99 to stream , I don't know if that is good today or not ) . 

Best fairly current movie we have seen in years ! We loved the music also but it was not so loud as in some movies that it was unbearable.  Great story and there was not one bad performance IMO.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched Green Book (Showtime has it) and just wow!   What an absolutely incredible, brilliant piece.   I just wanted it to keep going forever.  This movie deserved all the accolades it received and more.  

Honored Contributor

They used Dr. Shirley's real piano playing in the film, didnt they?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
They used Dr. Shirley's real piano playing in the film, didnt they?

I don't know but, hopefully, somebody else does.  Smiley Happy

I was watching him play and wondering if Mr Ali was playing or what.   I love piano (and violin).  

Trusted Contributor

I just finished watching this movie. My DH and I loved it. The acting was

great. The story had me glued to the movie. I always feel lucky to see a movie about real people with a story to share that touches my heart.