Valued Contributor

If you're an Eagles fan (band) and have ESPN.......

"ESPN will air the Eagles concert “Live from The Forum MMXVIII” this holiday weekend. The Eagles spent the majority of 2018 on an extensive North American tour with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey joining Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit. Earning rave reviews from fans and critics alike, the quintet arrived at the Forum in Los Angeles for three sold-out concerts on September 12, 14, and 15. Highlights from all three shows have now been compiled for the new 26-song live album and concert film that will premiere on ESPN this Sunday, July 5th, at 8 PM EDT / 5 PM PDT, introduced by longtime Eagles fan ESPN’s Chris Berman."

I'm so excited for this, having been a huge Eagles & Don Henley fan since the 70's.  I wanted to go to one of these shows, but couldn't travel at the time, so this will be a treat to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you're an Eagles fan (band) and have ESPN.......

[ Edited ]

@sunsetbeach 

My kind of music...one of the best groups ever!

Saw Don Henley in concert many years back...spectacular. 

Just checked and the TV show Glenn Frey was in was called "South of Sunset." 

What cool guys!

Thanks for mentioning this!

Honored Contributor

Great band. Glenn Frey was always my favorite. I was so sad when he died.

Honored Contributor

Some 15 or so years ago my husband got a couple of tickets to an Eagles concert.  Said that if I want to go, cool, but if I don't he will get somebody else to go.   I decided - eh, sure, I'll go.

Holy heck!  I don't know why I didn't know what a truly awesome band they were.   I knew numerous songs but somehow or other didn't relate them to this band.  I'm so glad I went.  One of the best concerts ever, and I've seen Cher, Elton John, Tina Turner, Rod Stewart, and numerous others.  

Joe Walsh was just beyond amazing, Frey was still with us.  ALL of them killed it.   Rock n Roll, baby!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I saw them live in 1994.  Due to a rain delay and my pushiness, I ended up on the field in the first 10 rows.  There were 3 encores that night.  A great band.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a huge Eagles fan! I would love to have had access to instant digital content back then, as we do now. It was torture waiting for your favorite song to play again in rotation on the radio, if you did not have the album, 45 or cassette--such a peasant memory.  "I Can't tell You Why", and "Hotel California" are STILL my favorites by them!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles 

Love everything they did....everything...but an all time favorite is "Those Shoes." 

And, of course, Witchy Woman Cat LOL

Off to find a YouTube video of it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  😂😂. Thank goodness now for YouTube! Have fun!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I always loved the Eagles... Saw them in concert but actually preferred them recorded to live... Also preferred the original band configuration to later incarnations. I'll probably watch this but, to me, they just aren't the same without Glenn Frey... Most bands go through personnel changes and so have they... They're still a good band, but, like I said, just not the same without the three or so guys who are no longer playing with them, even though the replacements are very talented...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb 

I would agree...replacements may be good, but they are replacements after all.

The original space occupied in our hearts by the originals just cannot be filled Cat Happy

I feel that way about Steve Perry and Journey....saw them twice with Steve, then twice with his replacement and...while a fab singer....he wasn't Steve with his cutaway jacket...

Nice memories!