Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: If you’re a fan of the law and order franchise...

Ice T was in New York Undercover (A Wolf show) and then Wolf put him on SVU.  I believe he was only supposed to be in a few episodes...and now 20+ years later.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I am a big fan of Law and Order. There are 8 seasons on Peacock TV. 

Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@violann wrote:

S. Epatha Merkerson. She was an AMAZING sense of balance in the plots.

I can't remember if she was in the very first episodes, but I do remember her interactions with at least Jerry Orbach, whom I absolutely loved in the show. 

To this day I can't understand why it was discontinued.

Jerry Orbach was very ill (cancer) in the last few years of the run, and he willed his corneas to be harvested upon his death, and by doing so, restored the sight of two people. 

She actually appeared in one episode of  L&O in1991, playing a different character. In1993, she began her run as Lt Van Buren. 

Orbach was in an early episode as a lawyer.

Also I saw Jesse L Martin in person once and he's even more beautiful in real life. OMG Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Law and Order is on Sundance Channel (1440 in CO from Comcast)on Thursday and Friday.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I've seen every Law & Order episode at least twice. My favorite character is Lenny Briscoe, played by Jerry Orbach. He was a great Broadway actor and was in the long running off-Broadway show The Fantastics. When he died I was crushed. To me, there's no better series on tv. That's why I still watch L&O reruns.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

S. Epatha Merkerson. She was an AMAZING sense of balance in the plots.

I can't remember if she was in the very first episodes, but I do remember her interactions with at least Jerry Orbach, whom I absolutely loved in the show. 

To this day I can't understand why it was discontinued.

Jerry Orbach was very ill (cancer) in the last few years of the run, and he willed his corneas to be harvested upon his death, and by doing so, restored the sight of two people. 

@violann  I read it was cancelled by NBC in 2010. D. Wolfe tried to get it picked up by another channel but had no luck so he just gave up. Too bad. One of my favorite shows.

Honored Contributor

Did you all know that Jerry's son was in a handful of episodes? Bit parts and he's actually referred to as his 'nephew' ! lol

He 'works' in the precinct with SVU

In the paley center interviews it's stated that Orbach validated the theater actors' participation in the show. And apparently L & O was incredibly accommodating to the theater actors 'moonlighting' on television...

What makes the shows so terrific is how topical they are and Wolf's commentary on current events is spot on! The procedural stuff (legal) is also accurate!

Honored Contributor

I thought over the air basic NBC was the parent home of all these shows.  Then  they went into syndication all over  what I call the replay networks.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I thought over the air basic NBC was the parent home of all these shows.  Then  they went into syndication all over  what I call the replay networks.  

@depglass  Yes. And thank goodness! It's on multiple channels here so if I want to watch it's always available.

Honored Contributor

I always like to play a game with my Playbill when I'm waiting for a show to start to see how many of the cast have L&O in their bio.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN