Honored Contributor

🤠 If you like "old school" westerns....... 🤠

My father who was a western freak turned me on to this movie when I was a teenager.  I think it was the last time I saw this movie (at the drive-in). 

Check out "One Eyed Jacks" on Amazon Prime.  It's also on other apps too.

Staring Marlon Brando & Karl Malden. 

Director:  Marlon Brando ........ his first & last. Smiley LOL

"After robbing a Mexican bank, Dad Longworth takes the loot and leaves his partner Rio to be captured, but Rio escapes and searches for Dad in California."

Marlon was fine as wine in this movie.

FWIW......The actress that plays Karl's wife, was in a decades long relationship w/Brando during the time of the filming.  She always knew about his affairs w/2 other major actresses but she didn't care because she didn't want to marry Marlon.  She broke up w/Marlon to marry Ernest Borgnine.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🤠 If you like "old school" westerns....... 🤠

On a dull Saturday afternoon a couple of months ago I accidently came across the old western "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon".  It was remarkably uncomplicated compared to today's movies and I was blown away by the gorgeous Monument Valley scenery where it was filmed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree about One Eyed Jacks being a worth while Western to see.  Yes, Marlon in my opinion was a great actor, loved him in On the Waterfront and the Wild One!!!!  I believe the actress you mentioned who married Ernest Borgnine was Katy Jurado.  She was in my favorite Western , High Noon.  I haven't seen One Eyed Jacks in awhile, I'll have to make note to watch it again now that you mentioned it!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Love a good western . Watched them all when I was younger . On the weekends the TV channels used to show movies all weekend . When the weather was to cold or to hot or to rainy  to be outside , we would watch  on weekends .

Honored Contributor

Cheyenne rules !  # 1

Gunsmoke # 2

Big Valley is so so

Have gun will travel is OK. Man, was so ugly he was good looking in an odd way. Richard Boone.

Women had a hard row to hoe back in those days.

work like a dog, had kids U didn't want, looked 60 when you were 25. Between dry weather, blowing dirt and wind and no money for hair cuts and cosmetics or

dye jobs will make U look like an old saddle.

No walmarts to go to. May not be any before long any way if they don't stop stealing from them. All will close.

Honored Contributor

I have not seen this one, however I love a good western and I will look for it.  I love gunsmoke, I really enjoy the Inspire channel.  It has good westerns, even Daniel Boone.

Honored Contributor

ME TV, Heroes & Icons channel, 

Honored Contributor

I think The Appaloosa and One Eyed Jacks were the two Brando movies I'll never watch again because both movies he lost his beloved horse. Even Marlon couldn't get me to watch those.

Katy Jurado??? I'm flabbergasted.

Loved The Wild One. I saw it so many times I know most of the dialogue by heart. But I was a kid.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Gunsmoke, my favorite, but like westerns, period.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is one of DH's favorite movies. You can't imagine how many times I've heard the line about "you're a one eyed Jack Dad Longworth... but i've seen the other side of your face". What a great movie. An epic.