Valued Contributor

If you like historical documentaries, there is a really good one on Joan of Arc...

It's an historically accurate piece based on transcripts from her trial. They do an historical recreation with period costumes and actors. They also intersperse it with interviews with scholars, religious leaders, experts and authors on Joan's life. It was filmed in France and even filmed in many places where events took place. It's 1 hour 20 minutes long.

I watched it on the BYU Channel via our Roku. Go to BYU TV, click on "Viewing History," select Joan of Arc. (Our cable co. doesn't carry BYU TV but I believe some cable companies do, or maybe even Direct TV or Dish).

This documentary was so well done and very inspiring. (It's worth watching the "Behind the Scenes" segment at the end - it's about 10 minutes or so).

Honored Contributor

Re: If you like historical documentaries, there is a really good one on Joan of Arc...

Thank you; I love documentaries.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you like historical documentaries, there is a really good one on Joan of Arc...

That gal got a raw deal !

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose

I have Roku boxes can't figure out if this is a FREE channel or not

I know it stands for Brigham Young University.

Valued Contributor

Hi sharke - yes it is a FREE channel. I'd be interested to hear your comments about the documentary if you watch it. Hope you can find it OK with your Roku.

Honored Contributor

it is available on byutv.org.

i just put joan of arc in the search bar there and found it.

thanks for the recommendation.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Hi faeriemoon - you're welcomeSmiley Happy I hope you will share your thoughts about the documentary if you watch it. (I enjoy a good documentary too - I've always loved history).

Valued Contributor

I hope you enjoy the documentary Sunshine45 - it really is a documentary worth watching. I know I learned a lot; I didn't know very much at all about Joan of Arc - what an inspiring and courageous young lady she was. And thanks for sharing how you found it through byutv.org.