Honored Contributor

Re: If you have Prime video, BEING THE RICARDOS is a don't miss

@tansy wrote:

Is it free with Amazon Prime?

@tansy Yes, just started it.

Trusted Contributor

I watched this morning. Loved it. 
I saw a interview with her daughter about the movie and she praised the movie. She felt like they captured the feel of that time and a lot of Lucy's and Ricky's conflicts and also their love for each other. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your great recommendations.  Going to DD tomorrow but plan to watch soon as I get back.

I remember when they announced Nicole as Lucy so many were upset because they wanted Debra Messing because she looked more like her.  Nicole is the consummate actresses who can really capture the essence of a character.  I am so looking forward to the film.  Thanks again

Merry Christmas

Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting.  I did not realize it was on Prime.  Must watch

Respected Contributor

Oh goodie, I’m getting ready to watch right now but I already know I’m gonna like it.

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back,

I just want to tell you that cable, the way you watch tv now? is one of the most expensive things to afford and if you can get someone to set up a Roku stick for streaming you can watch so many things for free. There are streaming channels that are all free to watch movies, tv shows etc.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope I'm not the only one who thought it was so depressing.

It was not such a happy union or life for her I thought. 

I like Nicole Kidman and yes think she can be a good actress but in this I was always aware she was Nicole or oh, this is where she has practiced that Lucy face where she is thinking or hatching up an idea.

And I thought Lucy herself must have been difficult to work with; Desi too.

"Ethel and Fred" were very good too,

but still the entire movie I was so aware everyone was acting their hearts out! And it shouldn't be that way. Maybe because no one can really recreate these iconic people that we watched for years.

I wanted to watch this but was glad when it was over. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

It was excellent. I must say a little distracting watching Nicole's face not move at all. However, I would highly recommend this movie. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234,

You're right! That was the other thing that was strange. Her face was like a frozen mask, whereas Lucy's was so expressive.