Honored Contributor

Re: If you have Prime video, BEING THE RICARDOS is a don't miss

I didn't care for the movie at all.  I guess I was expecting more from all the rave reviews I read.  I thought NK did a great job but that is all I can say good about the movie.

Valued Contributor

I could not get through the whole show. Just very boring and monotonous. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

Ok so I have watched 1 1/2 hours of this and am so bored I refuse to watch another second. I am a huge fan of I Love Lucy and a fan of Nicole and Javier. This movie is way too long and just doesn't hold my interest at all. Very disappointed.

Respected Contributor

My friend who is spending the holidays with us and I watched it.  We thought NK did a great job but that the actors playing Fred and Ethel were terrible choices.  JB was ok.  It was interesting.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@panda1234,

You're right! That was the other thing that was strange. Her face was like a frozen mask, whereas Lucy's was so expressive.

@on the bay She is a true beauty and so talanted, it makes me sad to think she feels lead to do this. 

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I just read reviews too and I guess I wasn't the only one who did not like this-someone saying they only saw the actors not the characters, (I felt the same) and Nicole's expressionless face while Lucille Ball was known for her expressions, and not to show any is a shame.

But I am glad that many enjoyed it.

It makes me mad at the whole Hollywood movie scene where mostly women feel compelled to become eternally young to be able to compete or stay relevant and wear increasingly revealing attire to get noticed. Nicole was beautiful before and didn't need to have anything done to her face.

@on the bay Sad that Nicole did not think she was good enough and had work done on her face. She was a beautiful woman.

Trusted Contributor

I watched it and thought it was good. NK was fine as Lucille Ball, but I thought JB was too old as Desi Arnaz. The actors playing the Mertzes were good - especially visually in Vivian Vance’s case. I can see why some people thought it boring, but I like character studies when they are well done, and I think this one was.
Honored Contributor

I watched it, and I recommend it!  I thought all of the main characters played their roles well, and I enjoyed all the "behind the scenes" parts of the movie.  

There was one thing that I thought inauthentic.  Lucy used the term "gaslighting".  Although it fit the situation, I don't think this term was used in that period of time?  I've only been aware of it for perhaps the past two years.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tommie1965 wrote:
I watched it and thought it was good. NK was fine as Lucille Ball, but I thought JB was too old as Desi Arnaz. The actors playing the Mertzes were good - especially visually in Vivian Vance’s case. I can see why some people thought it boring, but I like character studies when they are well done, and I think this one was.

I haven't finished it yet but I agree with you.  I thought Nicole was good but JB just didn't have the charisma of DA.  I do think both the lead actors were too old for the roles.  Playing during most of the movie the LB and DA should have been about 40 and both the actors are almost mid 50's.  Then when they did the flash back to when they met it really didn't look right.  I am not really sure who of the younger actors could have played the roles?  Maybe Scarlet Johanson?  He is not a great actor but I kept thinking Kelly Ripa's husband had the looks and charisma.  I will finish it today.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

I watched it, and I recommend it!  I thought all of the main characters played their roles well, and I enjoyed all the "behind the scenes" parts of the movie.  

There was one thing that I thought inauthentic.  Lucy used the term "gaslighting".  Although it fit the situation, I don't think this term was used in that period of time?  I've only been aware of it for perhaps the past two years.  

You might want to watch the 1940 movie - Gaslight.