Esteemed Contributor

If You Did Not Get Your Stimulus Check...

it may have gone to Mary-Kate Olsen and Kanye West to help with their clothing businesses.  Anyone need $500 million for their clothing business?  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Did Not Get Your Stimulus Check...

Yes, I heard about this on the news last night.  No wonder the official in charge had to be forced to reveal who received a stimulus check and how much.  This stimulus was created to help our citizens who truly needed it, and it would be a revelation to see a list of who got what.  Just so shameful.

Honored Contributor

That's just the tip of the iceberg.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

This stimulus was created to help our citizens who truly needed it, 

Actually, not true.  Husband and I got $2400, and I can attest that we don't truly need it.  We are both working at good jobs and have a good income, although lower than the (pretty high) cutoff apparently.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

This stimulus was created to help our citizens who truly needed it, 

Actually, not true.  Husband and I got $2400, and I can attest that we don't truly need it.  We are both working at good jobs and have a good income, although lower than the (pretty high) cutoff apparently.  

I believe these checks were specifically for small businesses.

There were specific guidelines, income and employee levels.

Guess you might have been unaware of this, likely not small business owners,

Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who owns a small business and she has no employees.  She was not entitled to a stimulus because she has no employees.  I find it outrageous that people who are worth outrageous sums of money, even though they have worked hard for it, are getting money that the average small and struggling businesses are not.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I scanned through the Wash Post link that separates into categories of $1-2M and $2-5M and then by state and type of business. Many other news sites have lists.

The well connected got to the front of the line before the small businesses. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid running out of money but we found some for Kanye West? 

Valued Contributor

the Stimulus Check is different from the Paycheck Protection Program, I think some people are getting the two confused.

PPP is for businesses to keep their employees paid during CV-19 closures.

Stimulus Check is for individuals based on an income cap. 

Valued Contributor

Among the entities cashing six to seven-figure checks from the federal government’s Paycheck Protection Program in recent months were a fiscal responsibility advocacy organization run by anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist,  the nonprofit headed by former Trump campaign official David Bossie.

Businesses tied to the president’s son-in-law and members of Congress got taxpayer funds. As did the elite D.C.-area school-St. Andrew’s Episcopal , where Barron Trump attends, got between $2 million and $5 million

Records show $350,000 to $1 million went to Observer Holdings LLC, the Observer Media—the publishing co formerly owned by  Kushner.

Joseph Meyer, wedded to Kushner’s sister, lists it among the holdings of his Observer Capital investment firm. 

$1 million to $2 million in assistance went to Princeton Forrestal LLC—revealed in Security and Exchange Commission records to be 40 percent owned by Kush's mother, brother, and sister.

Esteemed Contributor

@MandyG06, Thank you for pointing that out.  Many of us refer to it by “Stimulus,” which is incorrect.  in some cases, I wonder if there are some who don’t have a clue about these abuses.  Hope they do soon.