Honored Contributor

'If Loving You is Wrong' - on OWN - Spoilers ok thru aired

Is anybody still watching this hot mess?   Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think I have one foot out the door.

I'm on minute 46 of the current episode and nothing has happened except a lot of sloooooowwwwwwww-talking about freaking NOTHING!

It's just worse and worse.  But one thing that drives me crazy is that it seems like the bad guys just keep being badder and nobody ever gets caught.   Nobody knows what is going on.   But the massive slowness is just too much for me.

I'd like to get back to being invested in the characters, but they are really making it difficult.

Anybody else - any and all opinions welcome.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: 'If Loving You is Wrong' - on OWN - Spoilers ok thru aired

Hi chickenbutt!  I think I remember you mentioning this show quite awhile ago and ever since then, we've been watching it.

At first, we really enjoyed it; now, all we end up doing is fast forwarding through the majority of it up to about the last 10 minutes of the show.

Sloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww is an understatement.  It is just getting rather boring and we aren't even sure if we're going to continue watching.  The "bad" characters are getting worse; Eddie and Randall are so beyond belief, it's just difficult watching those trainwrecks. 

I'm glad to read we aren't the only ones finding it to be too slow.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Super Contributor

Same here! Alex was in the hospital for like two months, and now she is home wearing that same flowery denim dress for weeks. 

I don't like how dirty the bad guys are getting as well. That's when I stopped watching "General Hospital" years ago - when Sonny came on and the crime stuff was such a big part of the storyline.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies!  Smiley Happy   

I see I'm in good company.    I thought maybe it's just me and the fact that I might be getting less patient.   Now I'm beginning to think that I have the patience of Job, that I'm still watching.

The more havoc that Eddie wreaks, the more anxiety I feel that so many know he's a really bad cop but nothing gets done, so he keeps on doing damage.

That scene in the hospital was just plain stupid.  Then, when Eddie said his name was Lucious (sp?) I just shook my head.

I'm not good with slow-talking anyway but geez already!   There were some scenes that were beyond stupid - like stop talking about nothing and do SOMETHING!  Please!  *sigh*

Esteemed Contributor

Eddie and his sidekick are totally ridiculous and the fact that everyone that works with them know this but still keep them around is beyond me.  it seems like everyone is takng orders or suggestions from this sleazy guy.

I am curious what is Lushion up too is he secretly working with the higher powers to get Eddie?

Alex is a hot mess herself.......now she regrets sleeping with Randal?

Super Contributor

I was telling my sister about this show and included what has been said about the slow talk and long thoughtful looks.  She hasn't watched it and now doesn't plan to.  I think they have a half page script for an entire episode!

Honored Contributor

Like others here, I really did like this show in the beginning.       But it seems to have taken this weird soap opera-ish turn to the extreme and that's my main complaint.

It's like I feel that the bad guys will just keep doing bad things to others until the end of time and there is never any resolution to anything.  Maybe it's just my anxiety that makes that uncomfortable to me.

Soap operas, obviously, are all but dead at this point.  Tyler Perry is a smart guy.  I'd like to see him adopt a more realistic pace.  Smiley Happy