Esteemed Contributor

Re: If I See That WW Commerical 1 More Time..

Mine is where the Parents are making dinner and the kids won't eat....especially the one where the Mother is chasing the kid around yelling "ONE MORE BITE!!"...

Then they go amd make boxed mac and cheese for dinner instead....

Who rules that house the Parents or the kids???

My Parents told us that's dinner...take it or leave it...

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

While I like Marie Osmond, I can not stand all the Nutri System commercials.  They are on over and over and over again on one particular channel that I watch.  And every time they are on, I shout, "SHUT UP MARIE", mainly to amuse myself.  I lost weight recently, without doing any program like that.  I did try Nutri System several years ago.  I did lose weight, but most of the food tasted terrible and was not even real food.  Of course, I put the weight back on once I stopped eating it.  There are much better ways to lose weight and keep it off.

I hate all the diet program ads, too.  At least Marie is a good spokesperson because you can see a difference in the before and after. As far as Oprah being the owner/spokesperson for WW, she is not a good example of what someone can expect from a program.  She doesn't look any different.  Just saying.......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's the gogurt ad where the mother screams something about her child becoming independent. It's like fingernails on a blackboard to my ears. I can't change the channel fast enough.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Mine is where the Parents are making dinner and the kids won't eat....especially the one where the Mother is chasing the kid around yelling "ONE MORE BITE!!"...

@Nataliesgramma 

Yep, that one irritates me too---seems kids are in charge of some homes now...and no wonder juvenile diabetes and obesity are real problems with kids today...

We had a balanced healthy meal. My parents made us sit at the table until we cleaned our plate and we got a lecture how fortunate we were because kids were starving in other places of the world....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I think the Peloton bike has every commercial beat , what kind of budget do they have for that thing , it is on every station and you tube every 5 minutes.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Yep, and I got the speech - "this isn't a cafeteria - either you eat what I make or you make your own dinner and CLEAN UP afterward". 

What I did appreciate though is if we were having something I really hated I'd go make a bowl of cereal.  At least my parents realized that we don't all have to like the same thing.  

Honored Contributor

I get annoyed by so many since they run them into the ground by showing over and over!  I always mute or change the channel!  Espec on Marie with NutriSystems. OK we get it lol.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I can't stand all of the Liberty mutual commercials, and that Emu......Now I am sick of seeing the Pinocchio commercials too.......They just are so silly! I can't turn the channel fast enough. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I cannot stand Pinocchio's voice. 🙉
Respected Contributor

I'll take it over all of the political ads we're getting hit with here before Super Tuesday. Last night one candidate had 4 minutes of ads in one 6 minute commercial break. One of the ads was three minutes long (it went on so long I rewound and timed it), then there was a 10-second spot for Bull, then there was another one-minute ad for the same candidate. It's ridiculous.

I'm not going to comment at all on actual politics, I just really want the barrage of ads to be over, at least for a few months.