Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Idris Elba as 007? Yes, please! Where do we sign?!

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

LOL I've heard of 007, but I have no idea who I. Elba is.  

Crawling back under the rock now!  ðŸ˜œ

Me, either.    Does anyone know what he's been in?

He got famous over here after the British series "Luther" was shown.  He's done a lot of tv and movies outside of that, and he's quite talented.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 & @wildcat fan:

Here is a YouTube video of an interview with Idris Elba, so you can see who we're talking about:

Idris Elba interview on his Nelson Mandela role:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BspSoxGVfpI

☼SerenityNow!☼
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

Sam Smith is doing the new James Bond theme song:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/09/07/confirmed-sam-smith-is-doing-the-james-bond-spectre-theme-song

Thanks for this-I don't know Sam Smith. The song didn't give me goose bumps like all the others-maybe it just takes the Bond girls swimming by and the whole thing, but it's not very dynamic. They didn't even mention Tom Jones singing Thunderball. Wow, that was something. And come to think of it, he would have made a great Bond in his younger days. He's rough and tough looking and with that Welsh accent, whew. Plus they could have had him sing the song, too. I always wanted to be a Bond girl, but I'm not much of a swimmer.lol 

So is Daniel Craig out? I thought he was pretty good. Clive Owen would be good I think.

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

No offense to Sam Smith but I would prefer a female artist to sing the bond theme.