Honored Contributor

Watched it yesterday on TCM. It was a great film. All about the cold war.

Patrick McGoohan was in it and that is why I watched it. I know DH would love it!!

Patrick McGoohan is in my second favorite Columbo. 

Respected Contributor

Saw it in the theater when it was released.  Rock Hudson, Ernest Borgnine, James Brown.  On the edge of my seat good.

Respected Contributor

What was my husband and I missing?  It was boring.  I love the older movies and I’m sure I saw this as a child in the 60’s, but it seemed so slow to me. 

Honored Contributor

It was slow and I do not think I would like to watch it in a theater. One of the MANY reasons we do not go to theaters anymore. That being said I am such a Patrick McGoohan fan I really enjoyed it. Do not think RH was very good. His acting was poor and he just seemed to be reading his words. EB was terrific. I do enjoy films about the cold war. 

Honored Contributor

How did I forget about James Brown-great, great, great!

Respected Contributor

I loved Patrick McGoohan in the old TV series, Secret Agent. Have never seen any reruns of that show. It was a "thinking person's" spy story. 

Honored Contributor

Another Patrick McGoohan fan here, @Group 5 minus 1, and wish I had seen it.  I always seem to catch only snippets of it.

Ditto re "Secret Agent", @StylishLady. Such a well-done series!   I could be wrong, but I thought maybe they had episodes free online?  Worth checking.

Honored Contributor

We own "The Prisoner" but not "Secret Agent".

He also directed that Columbo.