Respected Contributor

ITA New TV Programing S ucks

We never know for sure when our favorite shows are on they get delayed or often bump by these pseudo realities skits....

A many of good shows were cancelled due to this jerking the viewer around..

How nice it would be to watch The Good Wife consistently there is no more stability in any area of our lives any more, because we allowed ADD crown in charge!

And they live according to the whims of men....

So many living now never understood, nor appreciated the Rule of Law which would have establish a firm foundation for all of us, now we in all aspects of our lives, live in times of uncertainty, not only in entertainment, but our very existents.

Honored Contributor

Re: ITA New TV Programing S ucks

I totally agree Java! I posted a rant somewhere else about this, especially The Good Wife.

I never know how to DVR the tape. What time will it be on? It makes no sense.

What really bothers me is that they take the audience and fans of the show for granted. Like, they'll tune in no matter what time we decide to get it on!

I can't tell you the last time I've been able to watch that show from the beginning (without DVRing what I DO NOT want to DVR.

I have to DVR the show before it and after it (so it doesn't cut off The Good Wife).

Trusted Contributor

TV is changing. In addition to the use of the DVR, many people utilize on-demand and steam online. Fewer people are watching the shows live. I know this makes it inconvenient for some, but I doubt the tide will turn -- especially as more and more people discover the joys of "binge watching."

Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 KYToby said:

TV is changing. In addition to the use of the DVR, many people utilize on-demand and steam online. Fewer people are watching the shows live. I know this makes it inconvenient for some, but I doubt the tide will turn -- especially as more and more people discover the joys of "binge watching."

I did that with season 1 of Under the Dome at Amazon Prime and than had to wait for season 2 to start. Now some want to charge per episode to see their stuff or buy the DVD of the season.

Honored Contributor

FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL!!! All night on two channels. And then FOOTBALL and other sports on weekends.

For the rest of us we will get reality TV and singing competitions.

Might as well toss my TV.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 Ford1224 said:

FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL!!! All night on two channels. And then FOOTBALL and other sports on weekends.

For the rest of us we will get reality TV and singing competitions.

Might as well toss my TV.

I am so thankful I stopped paying for cable...

I miss Aereo it was only $8 - $12 depending how much you wanted to record, it was an digital antenna source to pull in the local station & UHF, which in the days before cable were free, how dare cable put up a road block the creeps, well they went to court to stop Aereo.

In order to get local stations on cable one would have spend around $40. a month.

Trusted Contributor

I complain about CBS's Sunday night scheduling every year. I'm not a huge fan of The Good Wife, but I do watch every week and it's frustrating not knowing what time it will come on. I also really liked The Mentalist and that was even worse. I'm kind of glad The Amazing Race has been moved to Friday nights and whatever is on this season after The Good Wife, I think it's a new show, I won't be watching. It's not worth the scheduling frustration to me.

In my perfect world, football overruns would be switched over to a public access channel. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I'd also like to see a Dateline type of show come on after The Good Wife. 60 Minutes is consistently in the Top 10 every week in terms of ratings, so that will never get bumped or cut, but I think the schedule would be better if there was a non-drama show after The Good Wife that could be cut, if needed, for time.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Star I agree. It would be nice to see a show come on before The Good Wife that kept to a regular time schedule.

It seems like sports has taken over all of the stations! Are there that many people who watch Football.

And then when basketball is on......forget it....it goes on forever!

I'll look to see what the Redskins are doing (usually loosing) Smiley Sad . But I don't sit and watch the entire time.

I didn't know that about The Amazing Race.

Do people (other than me watch TV on Saturday evening?). There's never anything on then.

Everything comes on Sunday and Monday nights. It doesn't make any sense.

Valued Contributor

Chasing The Mentalist around last year was incredibly frustrating. No wonder it was in danger of being cancelled. Now that I've started watching The Good Wife it will continue this year. I've found a few good shows on Saturday night. The Artful Detective, Cedar Cove, Dr. Who and the Intruders. Friday night is another thing.
Esteemed Contributor

Shark Tank is great, on Friday night's. So is outdoorsman with Tim Allen. I like Amazing Race, But hope they keep Blue Bloods .