Honored Contributor

Not to take away from those that enjoy being scared, but I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of being scared.  There's enough in every day life that will get my adrenaline and cortisol pumping! .... It interferes with my ability to process sugars even with my meds (I'm diabetic).  So I watch only those movies/sitcoms that make me laugh..... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

i am not generally into horror stories....reading them or watching them.

my daughter saw IT last night. she is 21 and she said that this was quite scary AND so much better than the original IT that was on tv.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@sunshine 919 I also loved North and South and so many of those mini shows back then.  I remember every minute of those shows.

Me tooo!!! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@sunshine 919 I also loved North and South and so many of those mini shows back then.  I remember every minute of those shows.

@sunshine 919@Annabellethecat66  Rich Man, Poor Man was another one.  Many good mini-series back then.

Roots and The Thorn Birds, too.

Not interested in this remake of IT.  I found the book and the mini-series actually heart-breaking for the characters.

I also admit to having a "shudder" or two when I see clowns.  In fact, everytime I see or hear about Tim Curry I think Pennywise.Woman Surprised

Sorry @Cakers3.........Tim Curry always was, and always will be Dr. Frank-N-Furter! Woman Very Happy

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Has anyone seen red balloons tied to the sewer grates?

If my daughter saw one she would go into full panic mode and have an anxiety attack.  She hates clowns.

Honored Contributor

I saw the original many times and it was quite scary! The cast was great and Tim Curry did a fantastic job of Pennywise.......I will wait for this one to come to cable......I also saw where they are remaking Flatliners too....Will also wait for that one to come to cable.........So many remakes..........

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

If my daughter saw one she would go into full panic mode and have an anxiety attack.  She hates clowns.

@CelticCrafter  I saw that somewhere on the news.  It's like the scary clowns threatening people last year. 

I also do not like clowns but the red balloons wouldn't bother me knowing it relates to a fictional piece of work.  But I sure as heck wouldn't want to come across a live scary clown. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The scary clown thing never appealed to me. I find it rather dumb.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

There was an article last week in the local paper about the police being called to multiple locations because of this .Such a waste of resources!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown