Honored Contributor

Re: IS COMCAST DROPPING FETV IN SOME MARKETS?

Oh, that is interesting, @drizzellla .   By the way, I'd love to hear your opinion, or @Shelbelle 's  or @twinsister 's,  on the Decades channel, since you three had it at one point.

Was it better, worse, or about the same as METV or FETV in terms of content, etc.?   I'd be curious to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - I thought Decades was a little better than the other channels.  In the beginning, they showed old made for TV movies, which I hadn't seen in years.   They had a news type show on what happened that day in history with old news clips.  I like seeing things like that.   Also every weekend they featured a binge showing of the old shows beginning on Saturday going through early Monday morning,  

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Oznell  - I thought Decades was a little better than the other channels.  In the beginning, they showed old made for TV movies, which I hadn't seen in years.   They had a news type show on what happened that day in history with old news clips.  I like seeing things like that.   Also every weekend they featured a binge showing of the old shows beginning on Saturday going through early Monday morning,  

Totally agree, Decades was a cut above, they had old shows both comedy and drama, old D Cavett interviews and the old news clips segments were wonderful. I miss it still. We now get START TV on that channel. 

Super Contributor

One of my very favorite channels! 

Honored Contributor

I really liked Decades.

They started the day with TV shows from the 50s (I Love Lucy, Our Miss Brooks and I Married Joan), then they moved to the 60's (Donna Reed, Family Affair and Petticoat Junction), the 70's were Mary Tyler Moore and The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart Show was in the 80's.

On the weekend they had the Weekend Binge. They would feature one show and whatever show was a TV show not generally seen. I remember the Doris Day show one weekend.

I wish we didn't lose the station.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I like that idea of progressing through the decades as the day wears on--  gives a sort of chronological context.  Also, what a good idea to show old "made-for-TV" movies.  I've always had the impression that they are rarely re-run, and some were so good.

Let's see, the "Lizzie Borden" TV movie with Elizabeth Montgomery WAS re-aired in recent times on some channel--  that was so good!