Honored Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

Keith deserves so much more than Iris.

I’m bingeing on the episodes this morning while doing some paperwork.  

Esteemed Contributor

So, I just got caught up last night.  

Jamie and Elizabeth are either fighting or making up.  They are both lacking in kindness, understanding, in normal day to day living.  They will have a volatile marriage if they stay together.  I can see Elizabeth pulling the " I want a baby" number on Jamie.  Poor baby, if they do.

Keith and Iris may be cute together, but she has serious issues.  I got the impression from the preview for next week  that maybe she was molested.  The way she acted in that dice game was SO childish.  I can't believe that after this amount of time, they haven't at least kissed passionately, necked, and that the natural progression of things would have taken place.  She does not have normal urges and desires.  She is going to need more help than edible goop spread on her body.

Amber has serious self esteem issues stemming from her abandonment as a child.  She suffocates Matt when he is there.  She is too willing to forgive his staying out.  I think he really wants out. I think that he has his own set of issues stemming from his family.  They didn't even show up for the wedding.  I bet that they don't stay together.

I would bet that the other couple is going to go the distance.  They started out slow and are really getting to know each other in a mature way, yet they are having fun.  They are kind to each other.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Fortunately, @tends2dogs, both Jamie and Elizabeth admitted that they lied during their casting interviews and neither of them want kids (at least at this point). I think they are both entirely too selfish to be good parents.

And I think Iris and Keith are doing SOMETHING, but not sure what. She is very immature and is getting pretty annoying. Her mother is awesome, so I am not sure how she went so far off the tracks!

Matt is just phoning it in and will be out of there as soon as he can. Right now, he just seems to show up when it is time for the cameras, and she always takes him back. She is a mess, and I am embarrassed for her that her middle school students can see such a pitiful example of an adult - certainly no role model. 

And, I hope that Greg and Deonna are having good conversations privately and are making progress. I think she is getting the "cold and snippy" edit, but I do hope they will make it. She needs to find a way to talk about her feelings, but she keeps closing up. Greg seems like a good guy who really cares for her, so I hope he can wait it out.

Honored Contributor

Have to say this watching the show and Unfiltered: Does Elizabeth OWN a bra??? She is constantly hanging out. We get she is not shy, as she undressed completely on her wedding night, but I'm waiting for the "black bar" to come out on one of the episodes! Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @beach-mom .  Low cut and she is always bending over.  Her wedding dress was something else.  You could look right down the front of it.......an exhibitionist to say the least.  She said that Jamie wants to do it too much.  Maybe she should stop putting it out there so much LOL.  Actually it is the least of their problems.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are the second person, @Lisa now in AZ , that mentioned what Amber is like in the classroom.  I must have missed that segment.  Oh well, I agree that she is a mess.  

Why do they pick people for this show that have such deep serious issues as far as relationships?  I hate to think that they think it makes for better TV.  There is usually a reason why most of these people haven't found the right person.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom@tends2dogs, I totally agree with your posts about Elizabeth.

Rarely do we watch the Unfiltered because Jamie Otis can get on our last nerve.  The last time DH and I watched, Elizabeth was on and she looked like a hooker the way she was dressed (or lack of).

When the "professionals" (and I use that term loosely) decided to choose her, I thought, boy this is going to be the wrong choice.  Of course, I thought that about some of the others too.

As of this writing, I'm really liking Deonna and Greg.  And I'm also wondering if Iris/Keith have been doing more "activity" off camera.  Remember the other couple from a few seasons ago that said they didn't and it turned out that they did? (can't recall the names). 

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1   I think you are speaking of Kate and Luke.  He was the one that said it sickened him when they had relations.  He was a strange one.  

Deonna and Greg seem the most promising.  They don't seem to be in this just to be on a television show.  I think they are really taking it serious and will work hard to make it work.

I hope that Iris and Keith have "success" before the 8 weeks are up. If they don't and they choose to go on, I doubt they can make it work......at least without some serious counseling.

I agree about these so called professionals.  They are in it for the $$, I am sure.  That doesn't say much for the pastor.  IMO

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs, yes, thank you, it was them.  I also think another couple from a few seasons ago, Nick and Sonia kept saying they didn't, but they really did.  I think I recall Sonia mentioning it to one of the pros and it was a "surprise" moment.  Not sure if it was Pastor Cal or not.

This show kind of reminds me of Bachelor/Bachelorette.  I saw some of the first episodes of it and back then, all of the participants seemed very interested in finding their mate.

Now, many years and seasons later, it seems many come onto the show just to get on TV and hope they can become a star.  That's what I'm thinking about MAFS and it could be going that way. 

I could be way off base in my thinking, but just food for thought.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with most of what's been stated here- although I'll add that Jamie and Elizabeth are so toxic with each other. Neither listens to the other and jsut has their own agenda on their mind. Did he ever apoloize to her (or the group) that it was wrong to tell her to shutup? No mention was even made to the 'profesionals'. All the focus was on Elizabeth and how her demeanor changed for the day.

I see true affection between Deonna and Greg. Heart It's smart to take the s*x slowly, the emotional stuff is the most challenging part of a relationship.