Esteemed Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

@Free2be wrote:

If Iris hasn't tied her identity too tightly to her virginity, she and her husband have an excellent chance to make a good marriage.

The couple who went on the line ride might make it if they relax, they are both intense in different ways.  She has waited so long, I really want to see her have a positive experience with him.

Elizabeth and ?, doubtful he can tolerate her long enough to find the adult inside.

Tall and short?  I think he's unsettled in ways that she doesn't know yet.  There's something about him that is off.

I think your observations are right on.

The tall and short couple - she seems to require a lot of physical touching/kissing.  That is great if he is the same way. 

When they did the brief individual interviews after the couples had met up, I found their observations to be extremely insightful.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

I'm still watching. I guess there hasn't been too much drama yet.

I thought it was kind of weird when Elizabeth asked Jamie if he wanted kids. He said he most likely didn't and she agreed and yet, they had both told the so-called experts "Yes, but later". I thought that was sad. You're in your 30s and you can't just admit that you don't want kids? What if they had been paired up with someone who wanted lots of kids? That's a pretty big deal.

I agree, having kids is a big topic that a couple should agree on.  Hopefully, their answer in the pre interview doesn't backfire on them.

Esteemed Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

Anyone else thinj the scene with Elizabeth and Jamie was scripted when they could not find each other for lunch so they were waiting for each other.  It didn't make sense to me that neither one used their phone to call.  That was a sad example of staging their first little tiff.  I don't know whether any of these couples will stay together but the one with the best chance is probably "tall and small."  

Yes, @miata1 , poor scripting and poor acting LOL.

Honored Contributor

IRL I don't think tall & short would have been attracted to each other because of the height difference.

Super Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

IRL I don't think tall & short would have been attracted to each other because of the height difference.

That poor guy will need back surgery by 8 weeks as much as he has to bend down to kiss her.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

No, I have known and currently know people with that height difference, quite a few.  I don't think it's anything they even think about after awhile. 

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

Anyone else thinj the scene with Elizabeth and Jamie was scripted when they could not find each other for lunch so they were waiting for each other.  It didn't make sense to me that neither one used their phone to call.  That was a sad example of staging their first little tiff.  I don't know whether any of these couples will stay together but the one with the best chance is probably "tall and small."  

I agree with you and @tends2dogs - so scripted. I can pick out the parts of this that are producer driven!

About Matt and Amber: One of the girls in my dorm during college dated the star of the basketball team. She is shorter than Amber and very, very petite. He of course is over 6 feet, but as I remember him more on the thinner side. It was strange seeing them around campus at first (they were a year ahead of me) but then I got used to it. They broke up once before graduation, then got back together. They were engaged when they graduated. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

This season is a real dragger.  I think the producers are trying to add to the "drama" by scripting in some contention between the couples.  The whole  condom thing was stupid.  I am sure that Iris isn't so naiive that she  thought her new husband was going to be a virgin, too.  The way she acted about his friends drinking "her" lemonnade was another strange thing.  They show so much over and over to recap previous incidences just to take up time, I am assuming. The first 10 minutes of each episode showing the weddings again........

I don't remember names, but the argument with the redhead and her hubby and then he walked out.......too much over nothing....except she did cut down his lovemaking skills calling it "caucasion"......never heard of that one!  That may be a hard one to forgive.

Ending the last episode with Matt out all night with the guys and the other couple finally going behind closed doors to (????) wow, I can't wait to see what happens LOL Woman SurprisedWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

The bathroom scene with Matt and Amber appeared to be staged with some pretty bad acting.  Ridiculous.  It may have come up as an issue but I'm sure the camera crew had them act it out for the show.  Her reaction to him staying out late was over the top.  Maybe he's running from a very controlling woman who wants to treat him like her new pet.  I cringed when she said she thought she would "let him" use the second bathroom now that she realized she had probably over reacted.  Maybe Matt feels some suffocation but I don't think he was ever totally into her.

Both Elizabeth and Jamie have mean streaks with no compuction about humiliating the other in front of the camera.  I call this marriage a disaster.

The other two couples I have hope for.

Honored Contributor

I don' watch this one, but it's easy to get suked into these shows and then you just can't stop